Name
Les
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken with 120-300mm f2.8 sigma +2.0 TC, 1/500 sec @f8 ISO400

VK0I9043s.jpg

Larger image link:
http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/herons/VK0I9043.jpg

how do you find the lens? i was debating it but the weight has put me off it somewhat now. Think i'm gonna get the 70-200 F/2.8IS instead now, though from what i've seen of the 120-300, it is sigmas best lens yet :)

That pic is nice too btw, nice and sharp at i assume 600mm ish

how do you find the lens? i was debating it but the weight has put me off it somewhat now. Think i'm gonna get the 70-200 F/2.8IS instead now, though from what i've seen of the 120-300, it is sigmas best lens yet :)

That pic is nice too btw, nice and sharp at i assume 600mm ish

I love the lens-it's stonkingly sharp, but heavy, I carry it sometimes taking the dogs for a walk, but only for a few miles (and flat), I couldn't manage it with other lenses.

Thay''s why I bought an anglers trolley :) , it makes life a little easier.

And yes, the shot was around 600mm, I find if you stop down a stop or two, the images are clean enough.

Nice shot, how are you finding the Sigma ?.
It,s a lens I am thinking of getting.

WOW thats a really sharp shot, well done.

Nice shot, how are you finding the Sigma ?.
It,s a lens I am thinking of getting.

Love it, big and heavy, but sharp-quick to focus-feels solid-hood locks into place-works excellently with 1.4 TC-good with 2.0 TC and acceptable with 2.0 + 1.4 stacked.

Have nothing to compare it with, but I think I can recognise a sharp/crisp and clear image when I see one, and this lens can produce :)

I find the daffs around the head a bit distracting but you can't ask the heron to move can you :LOL: Beautifully crisp and sharp shot though - like the daffs in the background - has a lovely Spring feel to it :)

(y) Lovely shot there, although I'm going to disagree with the others as I'm not all that distracted by the daffs

Rather good that. One to be proud of

I think you have found a stock photo website and are stealing all the best ones :cautious:

This shot really is terrific, great work as usual (y)

Wow missed this one! Great capture, gorgeous bird, lovely framing!

That is a classic - and certainly should be a "Stock" photo.

The image is lovely as it stands Daffs, stems and all.

I have the sigma 200 f2.8 DG 70-200 and love it but do find that i miss the reach of my old 70 - 200 f4-5.6 Sigma and have been using it again the last couple of days as the light gets better in spite of the noisy auto focus and its lenghtening as you zoom.

Very nice shot really crisp

Super shot Les, I like the way you've processed it too (y)

In the larger image you can see that the BOKEH show similar results to the 100-400...I am alot younger than you Les but I am not sure I could live without I at this kind of range. Nice shot too mate!

In the larger image you can see that the BOKEH show similar results to the 100-400...I am alot younger than you Les but I am not sure I could live without I at this kind of range. Nice shot too mate!

It's funny, but that kind of stripy bokeh (like 100-400) I've only noticed when using the 2.0 TC ?????

Works for me Les :clap: What a nice background to work with .

I like this, I think its nice to have a bit of added detail to bird piccies so the daffs in the background work well for me.

Back