Critique High key bendiness

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
It's ages since I last posted an image, so it's probably about time.
I very rarely shoot high key but it's what we came up with during the planning of this shoot. I think I made life difficult for myself by suggesting white clothing; keeping the white separated from the background was awkward. I also struggled to maintain enough contrast to emphasise the musculature to my taste.

Critique very welcome, especially on the lighting and processing. The pose and shooting angle could both be more interesting, I think.

looks to me like you have done a damn fine job. You have some deep blacks, as well as good whites and the people are distinguished from the background. And yes I can see the musculature. His 6-pack isn't as good as mine though - but then mine is hidden from view by about 1" of flab:)

Have you considered trying it in B&W? That might help you to distinguish people from background even more, if that is what you want to do.

jesus, thats some skills there with that standing on arms!.. certainly more than I have!

Sorry - couldn't resist having a go at converting to B&W as it is such a fantastic image- and especially as you say 'Yes' to 'Edit my images'

Hope this is ok - if not let me know and I will delete it.

Deleted as requested - sorry for any bother

Last edited:
Sorry - couldn't resist having a go at converting to B&W as it is such a fantastic image- and especially as you say 'Yes' to 'Edit my images'

Hope this is ok - if not let me know and I will delete it.

I do like what you've done, it's a very nicely judged conversion, but in this case I think I'll have to ask you to delete it. One of the agreements I made with the models is that they got to approve everything before it went public. Thank you for your understanding!
Oh, and thank you for the feedback too!

Back