Hmm BSB small Sample of Sat and Sun anyone?

Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks. Quite pleased with a few myself, even more so when the paid so called pro's couldnt pull a couple of shots off with there super duper Nikon's that cost 3 times my gear did. Some of BSB media guys are just shocking, all the good'ns seam to be shooting A1 GP instead.

Bugger missed that one, shall have to edit that tomorrow, blob was on the lens just didnt notice it untill i was back in tent cleaning all the kit at the end of the day arggh! still easier to clean then the sensor i suppose.

Shame to think that may have been my first and last full weekend following the BSB of the year :crying:

Nice shots there russdaz :clap: The first three do it for me, probably due to them being lent over whilst still lifting the front wheel, #2 in the wet :bonk: These guys are nuts :nuts: Panning is excellent and you have some really sharp subjects.

#4 doesn't work for me quite so well due to the colourful BG being a distraction to my eyes, the bike is pin sharp though so panning technique is spot on again (y)

#2 is one of the best shots I have seen from you - I REALLY like that one. The other two head on shots are good, but pale after #2.

Not sure about the last 3, don't really do much for me...

Fantastic panning technique, especially on that first 125 shot... I can't pan, I need more practice......

Good work (y) I'm hoping to go to Brands next week - get there early and make camp at Druids for the day.......

Steve

Thanks all.

I think the 125 pan shots are the marmite of photography either love them or hate them, tech very hard as non of the images posted have been cropped, or rotated or edited other then a slight sharpness and contrast boost which is just standard stuff with digital as i dont sharpen within the camera picture settings.

There is nothing technically wrong with your 125's there... I just think the subject itself is uninteresting. I suspect if the subject had been Tom Sykes on the Rizla Suzuki you might have changed my mind :D

Its all in the subject matter once the technical bits are done, the difference between photographers saying "nice shot" and everyone appreciating it because its someone famous...

I may test on the Tom Sykes bit, i am sure i have one of him on the same striaght lol.

But i always appriacate the honest feed back. (y)

#2 is one of the best shots I have seen from you - I REALLY like that one. The other two head on shots are good, but pale after #2.

Not sure about the last 3, don't really do much for me...

Really ?

That first 125 GP picture is probably the best of the whole set.. Camera angle, background and sharp subject. Just because it's nobody famous doesn't make it a bad shot....

Steve

Last edited:
Awesome, awesome shots. Would you say Oulton is good for spectator photography then?

nice to meet you again darren..(y)

nice set number two for me also..

md(y)

Really ?

That first 125 GP picture is probably the best of the whole set.. Camera angle, background and sharp subject. Just because it's nobody famous doesn't make it a bad shot....

Steve

People like different things, you'll never please 100% of people with 100% of your work, but i dont think he meant it was a bad shot, just it was no interest. Personal i got a shot the Airwaves, and the almost identical of the Bike Animal Honda, the Honda shot did nothing for me but the Airwaves did, as i am Ducati fan.

Awesome, awesome shots. Would you say Oulton is good for spectator photography then?

I think its like many tracks as a specator, it is what you make, i have people telling i am mad at times for the places i shoot as "you cant get a shot there". The only limiting factor is that in some places as a spectator (which i am, no media pass) is some of the techniques i use limit you ability to get good race action stuff. But yes i love the place hence the 6.5hr treck there when the A1 GP was less then 45min from my door step.

awesome, especially the 2nd shot.. thats a really hard shot to do

Thanks, a shot i was told was impossible to get from my side of the fence, but some times you need the luck, and i think i got lucky there with the lighting and the colour of the bike tbh.

nice to meet you again darren..(y)

nice set number two for me also..

md(y)

Cheers mate, nice to see you guys, think you must have taken all the good weather away with you as the heavens opened a couple of hours after the track action stopped lol

oh boy, #2 all the way, fantastic (y)

People like different things, you'll never please 100% of people with 100% of your work, but i dont think he meant it was a bad shot, just it was no interest. Personal i got a shot the Airwaves, and the almost identical of the Bike Animal Honda, the Honda shot did nothing for me but the Airwaves did, as i am Ducati fan.

Yup, that's exactly what I meant...

#2 is BSB and a technically challenging shot and bloody excellent!

All good shots but I particularly like the first - spot on focussing and contrast really make the image jump out at you.

Personally I like the 125 shots a lot too, though I think the 1st one of them would have been better in landscape and not slanted so much.

Allround superb though

Rich

Back