Holding back the moon with an ND grad

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
I was up at -2ºC this morning and went down to Emberton Park. This composition took my eye as I liked the way the moon was mimiced by the bouys on the water.

After a couple of shots that didnt look that brilliant, it seemed like a good idea at the time to hold back the moon with an ND Grad to try and balance the shot and not blow the moon. Anyway, enough blurb, here it is.

C&C very welcome

4240661754_c3582da5c5_o.jpg

Really like the moon- but feels like the colours are a bit muted, unless thats the style your going for :)

I like it, very nice shot indeed.(y)(y)

very calming to look at, never thought of using an nd filter at night for moon shots, like it

love the hues in there! :)

There is another trick I saw listed in a few books but never got to try out myself (yet).

It involves capturing a moon with telephoto, and applying the image as a layer over the original landscape. Thats how they get the enormous and well exposed moon in architecture and nature shots.

There is another trick I saw listed in a few books but never got to try out myself (yet).

It involves capturing a moon with telephoto, and applying the image as a layer over the original landscape. Thats how they get the enormous and well exposed moon in architecture and nature shots.

Now that's just cheating and not at all British :D

Back