Home Studio practice

Nice set you must be very pleased with them.

1 -I would of cropped a bit tighter I think too much space at the top
2 - I don't like the conversion (maybe try lifting the highlights and whites?) I'm more drawn to the t-shirt than the subject
3 - Nice capture just missing a backlight / hairlight
4 - Would of been the pick of the bunch but looks like you missed the focus, the plait in her left hand looks like the focus point?

Thank you for the honesty and tips

Nice set you must be very pleased with them.

1 -I would of cropped a bit tighter I think too much space at the top
2 - I don't like the conversion (maybe try lifting the highlights and whites?) I'm more drawn to the t-shirt than the subject
3 - Nice capture just missing a backlight / hairlight
4 - Would of been the pick of the bunch but looks like you missed the focus, the plait in her left hand looks like the focus point?

Hi Mark. Yes a good set as Alan says. Agree 4 being the stand out for me too. Can't add much more really apart from Tshirt in first looks as if it as a green tint, more so on the shadow side.

Gaz

Some lovely shots there. You should be pleased with the results. Another vote for number 4 from me. Did you do much PP? Just wondering if you needed to tidy up the background, or did you managed to keep the lights off it?

Lovely shots - but if I could make one crit, and this is something that I've learned the hard way - those forward facing feet up behind shots (#1) normally end up looking like the subject has feet growing out their head (as does here for me, I'm afraid). I had one shot once where a foot either side make my subject look like they had feet for ears. :) I've since learned to get them to try to either move both feet to the side, or take it at a different angle.

And I love number four! :)

These where as i shot them and only a little tweak in Photoshop
Thanks for the comment

Some lovely shots there. You should be pleased with the results. Another vote for number 4 from me. Did you do much PP? Just wondering if you needed to tidy up the background, or did you managed to keep the lights off it?

Thanks for the comment and yeah i totally agree about the feet

I aim to take all comments on board and aim to improve

Lovely shots - but if I could make one crit, and this is something that I've learned the hard way - those forward facing feet up behind shots (#1) normally end up looking like the subject has feet growing out their head (as does here for me, I'm afraid). I had one shot once where a foot either side make my subject look like they had feet for ears. :) I've since learned to get them to try to either move both feet to the side, or take it at a different angle.

Plus it's almost impossible to show the soles of feet without them looking a little grubby!

Back