Home studio shoot

Name
Bri
Edit My Images
No
This is the first shoot from my re-vamped garage/studio. Although the walls are plastered and painted white, I used a white cotton back drop with three lights (one each side and one floor light ) facing the BG.
My main light was a 120cm Octagonal Soft box that fits directly onto my Bowens via a speed ring.
My secondary light was a 90cm square Soft box and again fits directly onto my Bowens.
I placed a Tri-Fold reflector in front of the subject for a tad of infill.
Baby would not sit still and would not look at the camera, he just did not want to be there full stop :shake:
The little girl in glasses was a bit of a fidget so her sister put her arm around her to keep it a tight group.
Have left a big space top and sides because they want a canvas wrap-around 24” x 20”
I linked my camera up to my HD monitor and the parents could see instant results. Would I do baby pics again….. :shrug: mmm well maybe.
Total studio time was about quarter of an hour.
Not perfect but this was the best I could do under the circumstances.
Any comments would be most welcome, especially on how to improve a shot like this.

3449822428_0afb029d6f_o.jpg

it looks a tad soft
maybe just needs sharpening after you resized for the web
or is there light spill from the background?

Did you crop or is the girl's left foot gone forever?

sorry that all sounded very negative
given the "co-operation" of the subjects (targets) - not a bad composition!

it looks a tad soft
maybe just needs sharpening after you resized for the web
or is there light spill from the background?

Did you crop or is the girl's left foot gone forever?

sorry that all sounded very negative
given the "co-operation" of the subjects (targets) - not a bad composition!

Thanks Mike, :crying: I wanted the negative points so don't be sorry. I can't improve on the positive points, only the neg ones.
I did crop and her foot has about another two inches of BG past it, plenty for the wrap.
I re sized at 800 and then put it in Flickr, copy & paste into this site. It looks good on the full size Tiff and for a canvas with hot seal it should be O.K.
I will have a go later when I have more time.
Thank you once again, not as easy as I thought it would be.:D

Hey Brian that looks pretty good to me....perhaps a bit more contrast needed?

Hey Dave, hope you are well buddy, thanks for the input, just had a quick look on frickr and it looks good. Maybe my mon wants a fix. Not used to this flat screen stuff, might have to get a proper bit of pro kit.
Are you going to Swanage tomorrow?;)

Back