Homeless Holga: Formerly "Anyone fancy trying something daft ???"

Okay then people... Can I ask you to drop me a PM with your postal address, I'll maintain a central list, if I may, and we can get this show on the road. I've just dug out a box that'll hold the camera and 4 reels of film, I'm going to put a roll of Colour of some sort in there first, and get the first couple of frames shot, and get it under way, as the Weather forecast looks pretty good for next week with Jim :)

PM incoming!

Is there a preferred postal method? Standard RM, Parcelforce, Recorded Delivery etc? Requiring a signature may be better than standard mail but could inconvenience a few through having to go collect from the post office which could delay circulation. But that's not a huge problem. I've given you a neighbour's address who are nearly always in and take all my parcels.

I tend to send things signed for and tracked, just because I like to see when it gets there. I suggest we check on receipt of the camera with the next person on the list what would work best before posting ???

Jim... You've got a little something in the post. Just went out and shot my 2 frames on the first roll, dropped the camera in it's box, still on the second frame, ready to shoot if you want to try a "happy accident" double exposure shot. If not, wind the knob until the little 3 shows up in the red window on the back of the camera. Then just pop the lens cap, and you're good to go!

Jim... You've got a little something in the post. Just went out and shot my 2 frames on the first roll, dropped the camera in it's box, still on the second frame, ready to shoot if you want to try a "happy accident" double exposure shot. If not, wind the knob until the little 3 shows up in the red window on the back of the camera. Then just pop the lens cap, and you're good to go!

Excellent. I will deffo be going for double exposures! I will give you a shout when it arrives and also for the details of the next person.

Excellent. I will deffo be going for double exposures! I will give you a shout when it arrives and also for the details of the next person.

No worries - i've got the tracking no. as well, which i'll bang in a PM - I'm still waiting on a few people's addresses incidentally, but that's okay - we can always swap them out with someone else... ;)

No worries - i've got the tracking no. as well, which i'll bang in a PM - I'm still waiting on a few people's addresses incidentally, but that's okay - we can always swap them out with someone else... ;)

Great its best to shift these things on quickly or the wife get suspicious and starts accusing me of buying more cameras. She thinks I have hundreds when I only actually have 3 (but I do chop and change- G2 to M6 next...).

That's why I keep buying black cameras - one black camera just looks the same as another to everyone else in this house ;)

I use the same trick with bike frames - I'm on my third blue framed road bike, and still nobody's twigged!

Update Time, according to RM tracking, the camera is on site with Jim ;)

For anyone who's worried about the postage, I sent it First Class recorded, the package was 0.511kg, and total postage came to £3.82 - non-signed was around £3.50, for those cases where having to get a signature could cause problems.

Sorry, but I didn't have any small jiffy bags to include for return posting the exposed films - I intended to include 4 of 'em, pre-labelled, to ease the process, and provide useful cushioning in the box, but they've been put them away "somewhere safe" and nobody can remember where it was. :(

Right - Over to you Jim. The camera's even turned up in time for you to enter one of the shots for TP Day (if you're able to get out and shoot today that is...)

All received! No photo time today unfortunately but I will be out tomorrow. I have pm'ed you but will send one to Alan as well to get his details.

I'd be up for the reserve list too :) I also have a bit of random film knocking about (more than two shoe boxes full)

I'll stick you on the reserves list Chris, gladly...

If nobody drops out, I may just run a "Part 2" tour, and let the subs bench have first crack at the camera - though I can't guarantee I'll still be processing colour by that point, so either someone else may need to step up or (gulp) maybe we'll have to have a whip-round and pay for colour processing.

My photos are now taken! I will send the camera etc to Alan today and leave your return to address if that is ok Mark.

I kind of packaged the camera that way (with the return address embalmed under 2 layers of waterproof packing tape) Jim, so that's fine.

How did things work out - please say it's nice and simple, for the benefit of the others down the line who haven't shot Holga-Styleee :LOL:

Ooh, and I'm off most of this week too! Hope the weather stays on my side! (y)

I'll forward you Richard's address via PM then Alan, just so you can be ready for the next stage...

I kind of packaged the camera that way (with the return address embalmed under 2 layers of waterproof packing tape) Jim, so that's fine.

How did things work out - please say it's nice and simple, for the benefit of the others down the line who haven't shot Holga-Styleee :LOL:

Very simple, although I am not going to guarantee that I managed to change the sunny/cloudy switch when required! Otherwise the counter is on 5 and ready for a double exposure.

:LOL: We're 5 frames into a roll, and already I'm as impatient as a little kid, to see the results. I wasn't this excited when the last 3 boxes of Kodachrome came back from Dwaynes !

Well I'm eyeing up sujects, I've had to read a few guides to Holgas as i've never shot on anything quite like this before, makes my old Trip MD3 seem like a console of fighter command...

Richard's Address received (y)

my only bits of advice are

1 - frame a bit tighter than you think... The viewinder is something like 65% of the end shot.

Holga_Framing.jpg

the area inside the red line was pretty much what I saw through the viewfinder.

2 - relax and just enjoy not having to worry about specific apertures etc.

Yes, it was a little terse wasn't it....:nono:

Pig ignorant is nearer the mark, and not the best way to introduce yourself on a forum :shake:

Anyway I'm getting a bit excited now, can't wait for my turn.

Andy

You think YOU'RE excited. I'm so excited, I'm actually getting nervous about processing the film in case I duff it up and lose 5 peoples sets of shots :puke:

swimbo just said "ooh isnt he trusting sending his camera to a load of stangers... what happens if someone steals it and sells it " :LOL:

I did try to explain that helga the holga isnt exactly a 'blad :LOL:

It was either the Holga or the Fed-3, and I reckoned that the postage on the Fed would make it prohibitive... seeing as it's made of pig-iron and radioactive glass :)

It was either the Holga or the Fed-3, and I reckoned that the postage on the Fed would make it prohibitive... seeing as it's made of pig-iron and radioactive glass :)

Very rare that you read something that is funny and true.:D:LOL:

Morning Mark,

Can we ask what the last shot taken was, just the genre as landscape on landscape maybe a bit less than impressive or should we be going for just pot luck?

Richard.

Morning Mark,

Can we ask what the last shot taken was, just the genre as landscape on landscape maybe a bit less than impressive or should we be going for just pot luck?

Richard.

Was thinking the same, been eyeing up allsorts of double exposures. Hopefully it'll be landing today. (y)

down to personal preference - if you want to know - PM the previous person. Dont let on in open forum, it'll spoil the surprise. :)

Yep, every new shooter has to add another camera to the box as well as the holga! ;)

postage could be a tad high by the time it reaches me :LOL:

Don't worry, I've creamed the MX off the top purely to lighten the package... :naughty:

Well I got the first shot done today, work will now stop play for the weekend so I'll get the rest done in the week and get it on it's way (Now that I've figured out how it works!)

Back