Homeless Holga: Formerly "Anyone fancy trying something daft ???"

I missed the point of this the 1st time I read it :bonk:

I'd like to go on the 'reserve' / 'next time' list please, if that would be OK ?

Ta

Rich

Substitute Bench

1. Mart (Marvin D Martian)
  2. Johnathan (Woodsy)
  3. Chris (SparkUK)
  4. Rich (Tricky69)

I missed the point of this the 1st time I read it :bonk:

I'd like to go on the 'reserve' / 'next time' list please, if that would be OK ?

Ta

Rich

Consider it done Mate (y)

I have a roll of Ilford Delta 3200, if you wanted to get even more extreme !

We're right enough on film Rich, and TBH with the holgas shutter speed and aperture, unless you were shooting in a cellar, at night, 3200 would be a waste ;)

Anyway - how's it going Alan... is it in the post, or are you still trying to lasoo a sheep to send it special delivery ? :LOL:

It'll be in the post tomorrow, Managed to get everything done today so will wrap it back up and lick the stamp tonight (y)

I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this, and I haven't even had my go yet.
How sad is that? :LOL:

you can buy a holga on ebay for about 20 quid if you cant wait

you can buy a holga on ebay for about 20 quid if you cant wait

:LOL: But then I'd have to learn all about processing - which frankly is downright scary!!! :eek:

TBH it's the results of the double exposures that I really want to see.
Hopefully there'll be some really interesting outcomes with nobody else knowing what the second half of the image is.

I found a quite interesting Holga pinhole wide angle on ebay as well - about 15 quid. breifly thought about getting it for another travelling thread then realised that D&P would be the problem

cool - I might get one - theres one way to use up all the out of date film

:LOL: welcome to the world of pointing the camera vaguely at the subect, pressing the cable release and counting elephants :LOL:

The Holga has landed:) and I start my Holiday tomorrow so I will be looking for some interesting places to shot, I guess Mark will send me Bill's address in Guildford for me to send to when my assignment is finished.

Alan, can I assume that shot number 8 was landscape as that is the lens icon that it was left on or are you using subterfuge.:LOL:

I am looking forward to this a will ship on ASAP.(y)

Richard.

Bills Address should be in your PM Box, Richard.

As I said above, if you want to know what the last shot was - PM the previous person. Don't let on in open forum, it'll spoil the surprise for everyone. :)

This is just like being a kid again waiting for Christmas.

I'm really looking forward to my turn with the Holga - great idea and great thread - inspirational in fact.

It's a great twist - the double exposure will be great fun - all credit to you for arranging everything

OK I have been out and taken my shots and left the camera on frame 11 ready for the double exposure, I will be sending to Bill in Guildford tomorrow, Good luck. :)

look forward to receiving it. any change you could PM me an indication of what your half of the double exposure might be :)

Bill - is my address still visible on the packaging, or should I PM you my address for returning the film?

Don't suppose anyone's had a whip-round so that the film-change people don't get stiffed with 2 sets of postage?? Didn't think so :LOL:

Have you decided what the second roll's gonna be ? Colour or B&W ??

no idea yet, I'll see what I shoot, maybe that will make my decision for me :)

did you supply all the film or shall I pull a roll out of the freezer in the morning?

did you supply all the film or shall I pull a roll out of the freezer in the morning?

Bill, Mark,s address is still on the side of the box as the return address.

There should be 4 rolls of film in the box - iirc 2 B&W's and 2 colour - I'd guess it'll be driven by the conditions you're shooting in too - iirc, the only 400 is a roll of HP5+

I'm getting childishly excited now - getting close to the first film coming back to me :)

I'm all geared up for it too... fresh packet of 120 sleeves just dropped through the postbox, ready for when the film's scanned.

I have da holga!!

will get some pics over the weekend and then move it on :)

Great stuff Bill - Have fun with it, and keep us posted with what film you swap to.

Hopefully the gaffa tape should be okay to reseal after swapping films. If not, it'd be better if you can re-tape it before shipping to Scott. It's not so much there to cope with light leaks, more to prevent the back coming off the camera and ruining the film when the parcel handlers use the box for a lunchtime game of football :)

Running Order came out as below Ped, I had to re-jig the original signup to ensure that the film changeover people had worked with 120 cameras before, and also to try and keep locations nice and random :)

Travelling_Holga_2.jpg

#19 - will be in the Portsmouth area - possibly Isle of Wight - subject to workload

#19 - will be in the Portsmouth area - possibly Isle of Wight - subject to workload

Based on it taking an average of 7 days per user, probably increasing as the weather gets worse at the year end, you might be back home for the Christmas holidays mate!

Actually - I'm surprised at how well it's keeping on track so far, I think all the other "travelling..." threads had gone pear-shaped by the end of the first film!

0E4qM.jpg

I remember giving you my address?

Calm down Dear.... I've got all the addresses on file, this was just the old screenshot, but to be honest, as it's only to show who's in what order, I can't be arsed to re-do the picture :LOL:

I would be well up for that if i'm trusted enough haha

Mark - we've filled the candidates for the inital five films, and we've a couple of reserves in place allready. To be perfectly honest, based on everyone taking at least a week to shoot their complement of shots (which is actually pretty hectic - considering there's probably 3-4 days of each shooting cycle where the camera is in the possession of Royal Mail rather than any of us) the current setup takes us to the middle of November. I'm expecting the shooting speed to decrease as the weather gets worse, so we'll be lucky to see the final results until Christmas I reckon, but I am hoping for the first film to come back from Bill anytime soon now, assuming he had a good weekend!

He had a mental weekend (little un due in about a week) but hopes to get the pics done this evening/tomorrow morning and the camera + film in the post tomorrow some time.

EDIT: Had a phone call from the mrs at lunch, thought you might be getting a baby pic as my entry :)

Last edited:
No worries Bill, you've plenty on your plate as it is from the sound of it. In you're position, I'd press the shutter 4 times, bang it back in the post, and concentrate on spending every spare second you have from now until you become a Dad fast asleep. Get some time in the ZZZ's bank my friend, you'll need every one of them!

Ready to rock and roll to the next lucky candidate (and return the first roll).

I've loaded up the roll of HP5 and as the rest of the films were fairly slow, donated a roll of Portra 400NC to the cause!

Back