Honda Civic Driver's Whoops!!

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
The driver was nowhere to be seen, so I'm fearful they may have sustained an injury, although there was no blood or tissue around.

The photo is of interest to me because I'm a cyclist, and I'm often advising other cyclists to stay clear of the door zone. I'd also like drivers to understand why they should take extra car when overtaking cyclists who are passing parked cars.

Euro Civic is an incredibly strong car. My mum hit a concrete pillar in her's at a fair speed after hitting a patch of oil on the A1, her and my brother walked away fine.

Looks like the door was opened without checking in the mirror, the driver was probably still in the seat, as if he'd got out the approaching vehicle would have had time to swerve. May have injured his/her arm though.

dislocated shoulder is about the worse I would have thought would occur from that, as you can tell the side of the car wasn't hit at all, it was just the door, I agree with Ken, someone opened the door without looking if something was coming...

Point of impact was about 2mts further back (see glass on road by rear wheel) and the door was only open about 1/4 of the way because it was hit end on and crushed forward rather than being hit on the inner face which folds it back almost in tact against the front wing. Conclusion no injuries other than shock.

Ouch! I witnessed a cyclist going straight into an opened door by an unobservant driver just like that a couple years ago, not a pretty sight, but the person in the car was completely unhurt.
That definitely looks like something bigger than a bicycle though!

Might be reflection of the light, but given the glass on the floor too, looks like the car [I am guessing car, certainly something bigger than a cycle] hit the rear quarter first a glancing blow, there seems to be damage there. I would generally agree though that the door impact would indicate the driver was probably relatively unharmed.

Mind you, I do recall only last winter driving through east finchley, cars parked at the side of the road in bays, a zebra crossing immediately afterwards and some twot in a big old merc in front of me pulls up by the last parked car, no indicators, just sticks his hazard lights on as he brakes to a halt, thus double parking, and unsighting the zebra crossing amongst other things, AND then throws his door open into the traffic behind him! Bearing in mind it was dark, raining and the middle of London rush hour! yes, I managed to avoid him but it more good luck than any good management on his part :bang:

The forum's called "Photo Critique and Sharing", surly this counts as "Sharing"? :thinking::shrug:

it says 'and' not 'or'.

Should go in this section -

Photos for Pleasure - This is a forum for sharing those photos for which you require no critique at all. Photos you have taken just for fun, or silly snapshots. Please do not offer any critique in this forum.

(y)

it says 'and' not 'or'.

Should go in this section -

Photos for Pleasure - This is a forum for sharing those photos for which you require no critique at all. Photos you have taken just for fun, or silly snapshots. Please do not offer any critique in this forum.

(y)

I guess so then, I stand corrected :bonk::D:LOL:

I could imagine a serious brown stain on the driver’s seat LOL.....
With a certain odour.....

The forum's called "Photo Critique and Sharing", surly this counts as "Sharing"? :thinking::shrug:

(y)

As I understand it, these sections are for posts asking for critique, and for posts sharing images. Hence the "Critique and Sharing" title. It's all explained quite well here, which is why I believe the photo does belong in this section. Especially so if you read the details of why the OP put the photo up in the first place. Doesn't sound like it's much of a "photo for pleasure" to me. More a photo highlighting a possible danger to drivers and cyclists alike. There is no "Critique" prefix that I can see.

(y)

As I understand it, these sections are for posts asking for critique, and for posts sharing images. Hence the "Critique and Sharing" title. It's all explained quite well here, which is why I believe the photo does belong in this section. Especially so if you read the details of why the OP put the photo up in the first place. Doesn't sound like it's much of a "photo for pleasure" to me. More a photo highlighting a possible danger to drivers and cyclists alike. There is no "Critique" prefix that I can see.
I think you've got confused with the word 'and'. It includes both Critique 'AND' Sharing, it doesn't say Critque 'OR' sharing. If this photo is simply sharing what the OP saw and was a quick snap shot then this is in the wrong section.

If however the OP is after Critique and to share this image then all the posts in here talking about what happened should be deleted as it isn't giving advice on how to improve the shot.

If the OP wants critique then I will gladly give it but I don't see that's what the OP is after. Hence me suggesting it's in the wrong area.

Does it REALLY matter guys? Surely there are more pressing matters at hand...

Luke, it does matter.

When I joined this site it was full of photo's being posted for critque and to help photographers to improve thier skills and get better photo's.

I'm noticing it more and more than alot of photo's are being posted up that are simply snap shots. These snapshots are great for memories but not for helping someone to improve thier photography.

I'm noticing it more and more than alot of photo's are being posted up that are simply snap shots. These snapshots are great for memories but not for helping someone to improve thier photography.

Touché...there are a lot of snapshots going up I must admit...but hey ho, freedom of speech and all that :bat:

Back