Hope of things to come

Edit My Images
Yes
20110116-_MG_0058.jpg

After a few days of unseasonally warm weather

20110116-_MG_0060.jpg

The snowdrops came up like a rocket

20110116-_MG_0060-2.jpg

With the white helibores in but making the start of another year of flowers in the garden.
Let their politicians do their worst - Nature goes on its merry way!​

It's nice to see signs of spring, but it seems like you were so exicted about seeing the flowers you didn't spend much time thinking about the best way to photo them and have ended up with snaps.

In the first one the leaves in the background are too bright and it's a shame the flowers are all pointing away from the camera.

I'm not sure what your trying to show with the second one, my eye keeps going to the bird poo on the bramble leaf.

The third one I'm guessing is a crop of the second one (which is far better by the way), but it would have made a nicer picture if you had just spent a moment or two clearing away some of the dead leaves and things (i.e. the bit that looks like a tv aerial at the top). Also if you could have used a wider aperture you may have been able to throw the background out of focus a little bit more.

Sorry if this seems a little harsh, it's not meant to be, after all we are all here to learn and improve.

You are correct if these intended to be "club" competition" pictures- just a quick nip out between showers to record the start of a new season in the garden. Possibly posted in the wrong forum as not really intended to be perfect images. I have spent many happy hours in darkroom and more recently in front of the computer spotting and generally preparing for printing. Your comments are always welcome and much is to be learn from each other on the forum so certainly one is always thankful that there are folk as yourself willing to spend time offering help.

I have just taken the time to visit your web site above and thoroughly enjoyed the superb images and the wide range of subjects - I would recommend others to make a visit if they need inspiration.

Last edited:
:)
I often visit the unanswered threads posts so I don't always see which forum they are from.

Another case of grannies & eggs :LOL:

Anyway, hooray for spring it will be here soon.

Good to see some flowers already - as you say, a hopeful sign. Our snowdrops are a few days behind yours, first flowers just about ready to open I think. We have lots of buds, for example on camellia bushes - trouble is, we could have plenty of cold to come yet. Oh well, we'll see how it turns out. Nice to see how another garden is coming along.

Back