Hot or Not?

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
No, not some sort of "rate my bird" pic...

Having a discussion with Blzeebub here about his pics and I really liked this one... he reckon'ed it didn't work.

I think it gives a real sense of speed, he thinks its lost a bit too much of the back of the bike.

So, hot or not? Just comments on the composition please, not the sharpness, colours, shadow or how much you fancy Tom Tunstall (y)

2496445371_3ec551439b.jpg

blimey it's really hard to say, and only for that reason i would say NOT!
sorry

Really sorry, but I agree with Blzeebub. There is not enoughof the bike for me. imho, if you were at the same angle to the bike, but looking at the front instead of the back, this would work much better. The motion of the shot is spot on and the rider is nice and sharp, but I think you need more bike in the shot.

Not for me too. I think it's something to do with Tunstall appearing to look down rather than into the frame. He's obviously not, but it's affecting the overall feel of it. I think it really needs the back of the bike including the rear tyre, or some other focal point like a readout on the dash to make it more interesting.

I really like the picture, I hope i can take one of this standard one day... As most people have mentioned a bit more of the bike would have been better.

Some good discussion here!

Maybe its because there is just one picture in this thread... maybe a lesson to learn for the forum :p

It might work really well as a double page spread in a magazine, with text down the right hand side. :)

Actually, thats a very good point... for magazines there is always a demand for pictures with space for that very reason. Something to bear in mind if you have desires to be published!

Keep the comments coming, I've enjoyed everyone's points of view, even if you disagree with me!

(Ok, Nat, you win!)

needs the rest of the bike for me. i also think the crop is a bit tight top and/or bottom

PS that isn't a crop... Blzeebub takes an excellent tight shot, I suspect this was one of his misses... I would like to point out that having seen all of his pics from the weekend I can now sit happy knowing he had a least some mistakes :D My inferiority complex is reduced some now :D

No he lost that earlier in the day at Druids :p

I like the idea, but i do think it would be better if there was more of the back of the bike, atleast the exhaust pipe.

I like it, I have a few myself taken like that and think it offers a different angle to normal close crops of the rider.

And so the opinion turns :D

Same as many here I'm afraid, I'm left wanting to have seen more of the bike.

I can completely see where you are coming from with the framing, but it's not doing it for me.

Cheers,
James

As has been said, on it's own it screams out "You missed the rest of the bike", but I agree that if it were aimed at the media environment then it would be a usful shot for a Tunstall article where copy is required to support the pic (or more importantly the other way around).

Would you in the past have taken shots with the specific goal of having a large space for text on them?

Take a peek in my gallery, there's quite a few examples of this in there. If you're aiming to try and make a living from motorsport photography you have to cover more than one base and opening up your shots to the media world might mean you sell a pic for £1000's ("them were the days") rather than soley to a punter for £5.

Gc

Take a peek in my gallery, there's quite a few examples of this in there. If you're aiming to try and make a living from motorsport photography you have to cover more than one base and opening up your shots to the media world might mean you sell a pic for £1000's ("them were the days") rather than soley to a punter for £5.

Gc

Yeah some nice stuff in there, always liked seeing your work, shame you gave it in really there is some really really poor stuff coming out this year. Had to laugh at a so called pro that couldnt get the shots i was when he had 3 times the value of gear then i did. He gave up and moved onto another location!

I don't intend to sell anything to anyone actually :D Not going to waste another hobby by turning it into work - been there done that too many times.

I think I'm enjoying developing a style of my own which everyone (bar a few above) hate, which is fine by me. But Nat is my inspiration... like the photo in this thread, I shall look at his chuck away shots and take some of my own next time :D

A nice day out, see some motorsport, snap a few pics, come home and compare results with you guys on here... don't ask for anything more - I have enough crap from my day job to be creating more aggro at the weekends!!!

Back