Hovercraft Racing

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would try something a little different today. Weirdly, hardly any photographers there at all, which is odd given that it's easily the most enjoyable thing I've shot in years. It was at Claydon House (National Trust property in Buckinghamshire), spectator areas are very restricted (understandable given these things can end up literally anywhere) but still plenty to play around with if you're creative.

Fab day, very friendly bunch of people involved.

Hovercraft Racing by Harry_S, on Flickr

Nice to see something different, first three were the best for me.

Yup, good to see something a little out of the ordinary! #50 (race#) is my pick too but #138 runs it a close second - hope he was wearing brown trousers!!!

Great panning shots! All round a really good set and, as has been said above, good to see something different.
My favourites are:
  • #2 because its nicely framed and shows some calm amongst the mayhem of the sport.
  • #4 is a good action shot and the B&W works well IMHO
  • #6 good detail, feeling of speed etc.

Some seriously sharp looking images, #1 & #2 plus #5 for the sheer drama, as other's have said, a nice change from the norm.

Agree, very sharp photos! What setup were you using to shoot these?

Thanks
Rich

Agree, very sharp photos! What setup were you using to shoot these?

Thanks
Rich

Nikon D600 and Sigma 120-300mm 2.8 (the original one), I've never found body/lens combo a major factor in panning sharpness, I think 10+ years of panning everything and anything helps more

Fantastic set, can't pick one out there all great and those hovercrafts look fun

These are brilliant,well done.:clap:

Back