Edit My Images
Yes
Took this today - exif/flash etc on the Flickr link. Flash like this:

5869357689_6ec4ecab02.jpg

Quite pleased with it!

Male Hoverfly by AshMashMash, on Flickr

Check out the detail @100% crop:

5897203470_1661f4535f.jpg

On another note, where the hell can I find tabanid flies!? I was in a field, with water running through it, with flowers in, and horses in it! If that's not where tabanid flies live where is it?!

Simply superb shot

Almost makes it look endearing !

R33SY

On another note, where the hell can I find tabanid flies!? I was in a field, with water running through it, with flowers in, and horses in it! If that's not where tabanid flies live where is it?!

So I'm not the only nutter who actually goes looking for tabinids :LOL:

Honestly, just walk around near water for long enough and you'll find them.
Might wish you hadn't though :nuts:

Try early morning or a cloudy morning that hasn't warmed up, otherwise they'll be too active to be photographed. I very rarely find tabinids sitting still later in the day.

Last edited:
Simply superb shot

Almost makes it look endearing !

R33SY

Haha, thanks!

Try early morning or a cloudy morning that hasn't warmed up, otherwise they'll be too active to be photographed. I very rarely find tabinids sitting still later in the day.

Ah thanks, I'll do that! Today was cloudy but very warm, maybe they're all active out and about already. I'll have to just keep looking I guess. Imagine if this shot was done with tabinid eyes?! :love:

Cool Ash! Like the green BG.

Thanks Rhod!

beautiful. Could u please show the front side of the flash !

cheers

Of course:

IMG_1299rs.jpg

It's certainly not 100% ideal - thus me using ISO 400, and you get shadows underneath. I have just ordered a bracket, and am going to experiment with something along the lines of this next:

IMG_1300rs.jpg

I do like the flash! I bet it turns a few heads when you are out and about shooting :)

I love the images, very crisp. It makes me want to try Macro photography.

All I can say to that is wow, what a great shot.:clap:

Of course:

It's certainly not 100% ideal - thus me using ISO 400, and you get shadows underneath. I have just ordered a bracket, and am going to experiment with something along the lines of this next:

Many Thanks and I seriously feel that you must apply for a patent soon...:D

And walk slowly :p

Back