how do i find how many pictures my camera has taken (350d)

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
HI,

may be a silly question, but ive ordered a new 450d and am gonna sell my 350d, but 1 question that always gets asked is how many photos has it taken, so how do i find out?

thanks for any assistants

jason

IF you've got the camera set to continuous file numbering, and IF you've owned it from new, and IF you've never used a CF card which has ever been in another camera, then the image filename will give you the shutter count. But that's only of any use IF your buyer believes you.

thanks for your reply, would indicate 7595 , i read somewhere that there was a program you could download to a pc and when your camera was connected to it by usb cable it would say for sure, alas ive lost the page now.

opanda will tell you the total shutter count and its free

as in the opanda exif viewer? ive downloaded that to be nosey at other people photo details

cheers
jason

I thought you could only find out from the 40D and upwards?

Might have to look into this.

Also the count will reset after 9999 of course, I've been around the counter on my 450D so the file name won't necessarily tell the truth, but if you know you've not done that, then it should be reasonably accurate.

FlickR shows me the shutter count from my D700 and D70 but not from an Oly compact. Select a picture from your photostream - ideally your most recent picture - and just under the "Additional Information" label should be "more properties". Click on that and about 3/4 of the way down the list should be "Total Number of Shutter Releases for Camera:" or "Shutter Count:" or similar. Well, that's what it says for mine, hope the same applies for Canons.

FlickR shows me the shutter count from my D700 and D70 but not from an Oly compact. ..... Well, that's what it says for mine, hope the same applies for Canons.
Doesn't work for a 350D.

Back