How do I place a working link to Google Photos on my Facebook page?

Edit My Images
No
I am new to using Google Photos and I want to put a weblink to my albums on my Facebook page. The default URL to the albums is https://photos.google.com/albums which obviously works for me as I am the albums owner but I have asked a couple of friends to try it and they are just taken to a page that asks them if they want to create a new album for themselves. I have looked at the Sharing option in Google Photos but it seems to be only for particular people that I specify which is no use to me for my purpose. I used to have a Flickr account and I simply put that address on my FB page and it worked for everyone. There's no point in me populating my Google albums with photos if I can't post a working link on my FB page. Just wondered if anyone had an answer to this problem.

Under the albums section create a new album and place the pictures you wish to share in there.

Next on the album cover click on the 3 dots top right and select more options

more options.jpg

Next select share album

share album.jpg

Next select Facebook

facebook 1.jpg

Next click on create link

fb c.jpg

Once it has created the link click on continue to Facebook

fbccccc.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think that will work the way I was hoping for - it will certainly work if I only had one album full of photos but I have them separated into different categories (see screenshot below). Ideally this was the view I had hoped visitors would see when they clicked on the link from Facebook and they could then open whichever album they wished. I have tried creating a new album in the hope I could drop all the existing albums into it but it only gives the option to add photos.

Image79.jpg

Yeah there was a post in GP back in 2019 bemoaning this failing of not being able to create hierarchies of albums - strangely Google with all its money and resources doesn't seem to listen to users requests.
If you have Adobe Photo plan, (£9.98/month) you also get Adobe Portfolio for free so you can easily make your own webpage - there is no storage limit according to Adobe support and it doesn't count towards your 20Gig plan storage. This is my main page which would probably give you what you want..... www.Badjapix.com

Last edited:
Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think that will work the way I was hoping for - it will certainly work if I only had one album full of photos but I have them separated into different categories (see screenshot below). Ideally this was the view I had hoped visitors would see when they clicked on the link from Facebook and they could then open whichever album they wished. I have tried creating a new album in the hope I could drop all the existing albums into it but it only gives the option to add photos.

View attachment 419704

Ahh... sorry, I didn't realise that's how you wanted it displayed

Back