How do people get these results?

I've found Haida to be pretty good for the cost for screw on filters.

Certainly start with 10 though at least for those really long exposures.
I would also recommend Haida. No colour cast with my 10 stop filters.

Last edited:
He offers 1-1 tuition. Why not just book him for half a day?

It's finding the time to match his diary as I run two businesses and have the kids to sort out also...so my spare time is usually extremely limited lol.

I wish I had loads of spare time to go and do all these things, travel to XYZ location at 4 am but I can generally scramble 2-3 hours a week on average if I'm lucky.

It's finding the time to match his diary as I run two businesses and have the kids to sort out also...so my spare time is usually extremely limited lol.

I wish I had loads of spare time to go and do all these things, travel to XYZ location at 4 am but I can generally scramble 2-3 hours a week on average if I'm lucky.

Don't waste your money. You don't need 1 to 1 tuition to learn to use a 10 stop filter and edit the images. Spend that money on a filter and probably have some change.

Nice photo's! One or two thing's get these. 1. He is a very accomplished photographer or, 2. He is very very good with programs like photo shot. Likely is a combination of both leaving many of us realizing we have a lot to learn! How many time's have you taken a photo you didn't think could use some help from your computer, ya know, right out of the camera shots.

Nice photo's! One or two thing's get these. 1. He is a very accomplished photographer or, 2. He is very very good with programs like photo shot. Likely is a combination of both leaving many of us realizing we have a lot to learn! How many time's have you taken a photo you didn't think could use some help from your computer, ya know, right out of the camera shots.

Hey Don, I'm an old school film photographer originally, but I was never happy with what could be done in camera as presented by the lab results on those little 5*3 and 6*4 prints. Then I discovered that very few of the great pictures we used to see were like that - they always had help in the darkroom - and so I learned to print as well.

Now I take pictures that are a starting point for work, rather than the finished image. Pretty much every photo benefits from work after capture, even those who 'get it right in camera'.

Back