How much for a used D3 or D700?

Name
Steve.
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all. I'm a newbie to this excellent site. I've seen the D700 for £1669 new and the D3 for about £2500 new on an auction site so was wondering how much less I'd have to pay for used examples? Do they fetch quite a bit less as I am lead to believe that the warranties aren't transferrable on cameras or is this not the case?

i would love to know this too - am looking for prices on used D700's also - quite excited about buying a new Nikon very soon :) :)

Hello all. I'm a newbie to this excellent site. I've seen the D700 for £1669 new and the D3 for about £2500 new on an auction site so was wondering how much less I'd have to pay for used examples? Do they fetch quite a bit less as I am lead to believe that the warranties aren't transferrable on cameras or is this not the case?

Not really. You will be very lucky to find anyone selling a d3 in the first place, which keeps the prices up. Over 2k at least.

D700s go for a couple of hundred off the new price.

those new prices for a D3 seem very cheap to me - almost too cheap - have a look here for "shop" prices

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/cat4.html

transferring warranties seems a grey area - if you buy s/hand from a shop they will normally guarantee for 6 months or a year separately from the manufacturer warranty. If the warranty is unregistered I dont see how nikon could say its not covered however.

Will be selling a D3 at the end of my current commitments (about early Oct), Im jacking it all in, Will have less than 20k clicks and hope for at least £2200

The warranty is only valid with a receipt.

I just paid £2200 for an 8k D3 with warranty from MPBphotographic, and couldn't be happier with it.

The ones on ebay will most likely be grey imports, at which point yo umay as well have bought secondhand as the warranty is not valid. No international warranty on camera bodies.

the majority of excellent condition d700's ive seen have gone for around £1500

Thanks for your replies everyone. It seems mad to buy a used one with no warranty??? for £1500 when you can get a brand new sealed box UK Nikon Official D700 for £1669.

thinking about the warranty issue I think Nikon would be on dodgy grounds claiming a receipt is required - what if the camera was a gift or a prize - you couldnt be expected to have it in these circumstances.

D700's are very good cameras and very few people would sell them as there isn't really a sensible upgrade (anyone wanting a D3 would have bought one in the first place or would probably keep the D700 as a backup). At the moment I'd just say save a little longer and go new, the peace of mind and warranty is worth the extra.

I will be there in September, want me to fetch and test? ;)

I've got the seller's address somewhere - strung them along for two weeks, then mentioned that I was in a hotel just down the road and could I pick the camera up? Still waiting for a reply.......:LOL:

Back