Critique How'd I go with these? pt.2

Edit My Images
Yes
Thoughts?

RS by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

When i ws sitting, talking toa friend, I really liked the way the spring sun lit up this girl's hair and skin, and the tattoo looked pretty cool.

In the Wild by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

The texture of this flower, combined with the craziness tendrils and the colours was what I was trying to communicate.

In the Car by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

Walking along the street, I saw this flower in someone's car - surrounded by black plastic and a dark inside, the flower really stood out and was eye catching, so I tried to crop/boost shadows to emphasise how it seemed to vibrant in it's surroundings.

Artist by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

This street artist was chalking in the brightest part of the day, which looked almost black and white due to the strong sunlight - so I converted the picture to black and white and tried to emphasise the clear shadow he cast.

At Fed 2 by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

While waiting for a friend, this girl sat down in front of me, and the spring sunshine lit up her hair. Her outfit really captured the mood of the city that day, embracing and excited for spring and summer.

DJ by Mr.Dunne, on Flickr

This picture is the one I'm least sure about. The laneway provided a strong frame - and as people walk past along one of the busier streets in Melbourne they look solitary as the lane blocks peripheral vision, a nice contrast to the bustle. Unfortunately, she didn't step a bit more into the light.

Thanks for looking :)

Hi Matt. Really like #4 & #6, i like the heavy contrast and the subjects. The rest do nothing for me really.

You should number your pics as it makes it easier for people to crit them.

I think 4 is a lot better in the new version. I think it's the best shot. I like the idea of 6 but find the David Jones distracting and the person is oof, I guess motion blur. I think it'd work better cropped to lose the 2 top logos to emphasises the pedestrian subject more and also use a faster speed to get the subject in focus.

Last edited:
Back