Huntsman (not for the easily scared!!)

Edit My Images
No
Found this little darling by our back door today........

Huntsman1.jpg

Huntsman2.jpg

Not great photos. I did consider moving it to a more aesthetically pleasing location but bottled it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

they are of course small bricks that they build your house with, and not a **** off great big spider?

A spider you don't really need a macro lens for ;)

*shudders*

do you sleep with a slipper to hand?

I have a real fear of spiders legs, i had to buy my partner a ladyshave yesterday...

Thank you, i'm here all week

Seriously, they seeM to come in to the house as nights get longer. We had a huge one in the house yesterday, must be the cold

Eurrrrrrgh. One reason I couldn't live in Australia - they have HUGE creepy crawlies. My brother has one of these in a frame (a dead one, for obvious reasons ;) ), and boy, are they big!!!!

I was speaking to an Aussie tonight and he reckons that might have been a young one. Fully grown they can be as big as your hand. However Huntsmans are timid, not posionous to humans and very rearly bite. Infact they keep the population of dangerous spiders down. So its early demise may have been a bit premature!

A friend's twin sister lives in Oz and was telling that their fangs and venom aren't really strong enough to do any damage to people. The ones you got to watch out for are the small white ones. Not sure what they're called, but they punch well above their weight... Still not sure I'd like to be greeted by one of these though!

White Tails and Redbacks are the most dangerous around here. They inject a flesh eating venom that attacks the nervous system. Can be fatal in untreated but very rare for that to happen.

still would have nuked it

Back