Yes
Went to the husky races today!!

5503934204_e16dfb14d5.jpg

5503937494_96ce71b757.jpg

5503941666_b3c9c6cf29.jpg

5503355113_40a1608fda.jpg

5503357919_ff9a3fbcfe.jpg

5503951454_3f93c3365b.jpg

Number 5 and 9 for me like the compositions of them and the clean backgrounds, shame you have cut ears etc off in a few of the others mate.

Ha ha, I like the 'howling' one :) Well captured, I bet he was noisy!

Hi ya

what great captures (y) Beautiful dogs , the howler is just brilliant :clap:

I'd love to try some shots myself but struggling to find anywhere round here (being south yorkshire) .Can you point me at some info please ?

shots of dog racing?

google ABSA, BSHRA, SHCGB, AWMA, these are all racing associations, they have some up north i think :) there should be calenders somewhere on their sites, but the race season is practically over now

Haven't BSHRA finished for the season though? (Sorry, read your post properly the second time!)

Last edited:
shots of dog racing?

google ABSA, BSHRA, SHCGB, AWMA, these are all racing associations, they have some up north i think :) there should be calenders somewhere on their sites, but the race season is practically over now

Thanks for the info Sinead...will have a look see & bookmark the sites ready for next year....by which time I may just about be able to do justice to the models though doubt I'll be at your standard :LOL:

I really like the first one best. i think the background sets it off and the details of the fur and hair really stand out.

As others have said, it's a shame about the ears/tail being cut off some. Maybe you could shoot the dogs with a slightly wider crop to get the whole of the head in, and then crop closer on the computer if you need to.

Did you get any of the dogs in full flight side on?

Glad to know your enjoying your new toy, just goes to show you don't need a DSLR to take great pictures!

Back