I bought a new lens, an Asahi super-multi-coated Takumar 50mm f1.4 - An open thread

Edit My Images
No
It is radioactive and tints everything and is old and is manual focus but wow is it different ! . . . It loves flash lights though and is actually pin sharp in that situation (edge fall off excepted). I like it and will post my photos now and then. Do you have photos taken with one? - post them here so we can compare if you want.

Asahi super-multi-coated takumar 50mm f1.4

View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/195125710@N06/53608047928/

The 1970's rig . . . A rare-ish Honeywell Spotmatic SPiia a same era camera as opposed the Canon above.

2Y3A4805 by Stephen, on Flickr

Here is a SOOC photo - I was surprised at the shallow depth of field as only a few front grill strips are in focus. This is my first and was for a bit fun in the Forum nifty fifty challenge; 'Book' . . . I used this 50mm lens as it is the only 50mm I possess ! (looking forward to more of the nifty fifty assignments now too).

2Y3A4939 by Stephen_Photographs02, on Flickr

Here is a SOOC photo - I was surprised at the shallow depth of field as only a few front grill strips are in focus. This is my first and was for a bit fun in the Forum nifty fifty challenge; 'Book' . . . I used this 50mm lens as it is the only 50mm I possess ! (looking forward to more of the nifty fifty assignments now too).

2Y3A4939 by Stephen_Photographs02, on Flickr
What’s the watch you are wearing there….?…..looks very nice…!

Cheers:
Peter

What’s the watch you are wearing there….?…..looks very nice…!

Cheers:
Peter
It is a 47mm homage watch to the Panerai Marina Militare. This watch you see here is my Parnis Marina Militare and has a Seagull movement. Back to Panerai, the Panerai watch was made for the Italian navy back in the day and used either a Rolex movement or an Angelus movement (I have an Angelus watch and it is considered better than Rolex by many). I have worn my Parnis Marina Militare to work and out and about and it is a good watch in my experience. This watch has a display back so the internals can be seen through the clear glass back. It is a pleasure to wear and cost about £190.00 quite a while ago. A real Panerai Marina Militare costs about £7,000.00 ( https://www.collectorsquare.com/en/watches/panerai/luminor-marina-militare/lpi ) . I don't have a real Panerai Marina Militare, but I do have a mint condition 2017 Canon 300mm f/2.8 AF IS USM ii that I use lol !!!!

Back