I don`t know how to name this thread... probably just portraits :)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

just would like to hear what you think of these? No serious attempts, just fooling around and learning about lights (i really have a lot to learn).

1# I like that look on this one
3540026553_5b5ccce6d1_o.jpg

2# And here im aware of blown bottom of left arm and terrible shadow from her nose but anyway kind a like it...
3540026559_28cbb07bbd_o.jpg

Thanks for clicking....

funky poses, still learning the light but yeah the posing is harder and it works well in these

the background could do with being lighter or darker as it looks kinda grey and creased

Like no 2 a lot apart from distracting shadow cast by the uplighting of her nose.

No 1.. crop in tight to get rid of the background, unless a BG is interesting or adds to the photo then you shouldn't notice it. The BG here is distracting but you're right the lookl is great.

Sorry if negative, actually think both are really nice (y)

Last edited:
Thanks folks!

TheBionicDan

Like no 2 a lot apart from distracting shadow cast by the uplighting of her nose.

No 1.. crop in tight to get rid of the background, unless a BG is interesting or adds to the photo then you shouldn't notice it. The BG here is distracting but you're right the lookl is great.

Sorry if negative, actually think both are really nice

No harm with saying your thoughts! I like to hear other opinions.

But i personally like that background, creating some atmosphere FOR ME.

The_Bulb

Number 2 for me, nice idea and use of DOF

Thanks a lot but i have to say that i stole that idea :) . Can`t remember where but i`ve seen it before and wanted to try it... And it could be better if i had time and will to play with lights..

Anyway :ty:

Back