Help! I don't seem to be able to post pictures from imgur.

woof woof

I like a nice Chianti
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
I only noticed today that when I post pictures they're showing as a red x. Even pictures which I posted recently or even ages ago are not showing now although I can post a picture direct from my pc so it's something that's only affecting imgur pictures. The pictures that don't appear are there when I select the edit option.

They're ok for pixel dimension and file size so I'm a bit stuck.

Can anyone offer any help?

PS.
This is with copying and pasting the bbcode.

Last edited:
The current one ( Mrs WW & friend) is showing for me.
this is an attachment?
While checking back, I also noticed that a lot of @Raymond Lin's ones aren't showing, either.

edited to add,
now I've had a chance to do a bit more of a search,
if I click edit on your post, I can see the images, historically this is usually a sign of something not quite right with the host,
and / or the way that Xen interprets the host.
a site search for imgur, images that show the imgur logo are intact, those that don't aren't.
Its sounds like it could be an Imgur site problem?

it does happen occasionally with flickr too, when the whole of the BB code isn't grabbed.
ie the short version, rather than the full version.

Last edited:
The current one ( Mrs WW & friend) is showing for me.
this is an attachment?
While checking back, I also noticed that a lot of @Raymond Lin's ones aren't showing, either.

edited to add,
now I've had a chance to do a bit more of a search,
if I click edit on your post, I can see the images, historically this is usually a sign of something not quite right with the host,
and / or the way that Xen interprets the host.
a site search for imgur, images that show the imgur logo are intact, those that don't aren't.
Its sounds like it could be an Imgur site problem?

it does happen occasionally with flickr too, when the whole of the BB code isn't grabbed.
ie the short version, rather than the full versiHi and thanks for looking into this.

The last few pictures I've posted including Mrs WW and the cat have been direct from my pc.

Here's one from imgur, just to see if it works and as of about 11:25 \ll I can see is the X but I can see it if I select edit. I'll try logging out and back in again and waiting a couple of days in case that clears it. Thanks again.

k6rOaYa.jpg

Last edited:
The last few pictures I've posted including Mrs WW and the cat have been direct from my pc.

Here's one from imgur, just to see if it works and as of about 11:25 \ll I can see is the X but I can see it if I select edit. I'll try logging out and back in again and waiting a couple of days in case that clears it. Thanks again.

k6rOaYa.jpg
I've now tried W7 & W11
Firefox, brave & Opera.
So I suspect that its their end rather than yours.
When I quoted that message, I can see the image in the quote, but when posted, its not there just the X

Back