I finally did some 'normal' cricket!

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Well OK, when I say normal, I mean not at the Shrine of cricket that is Lords. It wasn't totally normal, it was a charity cricket match on the rather posh playing fields of Epsom college, with mainly part time and amateur cricketers, but there are a few faces you might find vaguely familiar. As always, 70-200 on a D700 body so they are cropped though no where near as much I usually have to and kept quite 'wide' deliberately as they will be used by the charity to show 'the big picture' as it were. C&C welcome, I plan on investing in a slightly longer lens later this year, so happy to hear your thoughts. Can't do anything about backgrounds of course other than the shallow DoF I used anyway, but hopefully they are not too bad.

Charity Cricket match by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

3 - yes the 2nd bail IS skimming the WK's ear!

For all I know about sport and cricket in particular I think you've caught some nice action, and I'm glad the event went well :) but has you been on the Pimms :p as they nearly all appear to be in a need of a little CCW that's all I can really offer by way of critique as its not my area, but also as its the only thing I can really see that personally I'd have changed..

:LOL: several glasses of wine I admit, though the pitch is also on a slope [so a bit like Lords then] which doesn't help, so I opted for getting the stumps upright and leave the rest to fend for itself [a tip from Gary Coyle years ago, get the uprights, upright] ;)

:LOL: several glasses of wine I admit, though the pitch is also on a slope [so a bit like Lords then] which doesn't help, so I opted for getting the stumps upright and leave the rest to fend for itself [a tip from Gary Coyle years ago, get the uprights, upright] ;)

Well Mr GC has a lot more knowledge on shooting sports than I'll ever have so of course I'll defer to his suggestion/advice, but I do keep getting drawn to the buildings with subsidence :D I suspect however it's only photo geeks that spot such things, well I assume from the number of friends holiday photos I'm seeing on Facebook with the horizon in the beach shots looking like its all going to flow away fast

Back