I have a 5 day challenge...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
...where I have to take a post a black and white photo each day and nominate a facebook friend.

So I thought I would show the 5 images over the next 5 days that I am using.

Day One:

Paul.

Nice shot. I've done the egg-sact same shot lol... For some reason, this shot has been all over Facebook recently.

Its a cracking shot Paul, Its been done a thousand times but its still a good take on the egg.
I think the forks are a tad bright there. Maybe a little PP there to tone them down will help.
Well done non the less. :)

@Lez325 think has done this or similar.

BTW you live a crazy life on Facebook :ROFLMAO:

Brilliant shot none the less and great way to tune the lighting.

Its a cracking shot Paul, Its been done a thousand times but its still a good take on the egg.
I think the forks are a tad bright there. Maybe a little PP there to tone them down will help.
Well done non the less. :)

@Lez325 think has done this or similar.

BTW you live a crazy life on Facebook :ROFLMAO:

Brilliant shot none the less and great way to tune the lighting.

Thanks guys. :)

Here is Day 2's image - spring, during autumnn...

Paul.

Something springs to mind about that last photo Paul, can't quit put my finger on it lol.
Great shot :D

Technically it's spot on. I like the hi-key lighting with the highlights on the fork leaking into the background. I like the soft lighting on the egg revealing its texture. It's also suitable as a black & white image with it's strong graphic qualities.

But yeah, as a subject matter, I've seen it so many times before, and I can't quite make the correlation between the egg and the forks (surely it should be an egg & spoon)!. In short, I think you need to stick a bug on it ;)

Paul, That spring shot is terrific, what more can I say.(y)

George.

Love that rose. I never really liked mono shots, but you might be bringing me round...

Cheers Tim m8 - it has been getting harder to think of something different - but the last day's one (tomorrow will be my fave.

For now though...

Day 4, of the black and white and I struggled to find something indoors or out, so resorted to a bit of editing. It's nonsensical, but it is at least, black and white, lol...

Paul.

Its very cool but.... I find the white too erm.... white

Paul, I'm guessing these are all cooking utensils etc which I think work very well. I like the way you have three heart shapes in different sizes and seven double rings receeding to give the effect of different sizes. Odd numbers always seem to work better with compositions like this. And talking of composition I like the way you have angled the hearts and balanced up the other parts of the frame with the rings. I like this shot very much. Well done.(y)

A huge amount of my photography is for catalogues and products so this sort of thing is right in my comfort zone.

George.

Its very cool but.... I find the white too erm.... white

Opinion noted - white, for all it's plainess, is a funny colour isn't though? :)

Paul, I'm guessing these are all cooking utensils etc which I think work very well. I like the way you have three heart shapes in different sizes and seven double rings receeding to give the effect of different sizes. Odd numbers always seem to work better with compositions like this. And talking of composition I like the way you have angled the hearts and balanced up the other parts of the frame with the rings. I like this shot very much. Well done.(y)

A huge amount of my photography is for catalogues and products so this sort of thing is right in my comfort zone.

George.

Thanks George. If it ticks a box for somebody, then the image has done it's job. :)

Paul.

Nonsensical? Lets see now...are those rings in the background? Wedding rings maybe? Wedding rings and cake cutters? Maybe gifts for the wife? A suggestion she should be in the kitchen and baking cakes perhaps? I see the connection...

Nice image but a bit sexist if you don't mind me saying... ;)

A B&W challenge, where I had to do 5 days of B&W ended today and I just could not include insects as a subject - so here is a late night cluster fly - very accommodating as it was cold in the late night air - but we worked well as a team to produce a small portfolio of fly mug shots...

There was only a need to do one photo, but I decided to add all the different ones of the fly that I have edited. Enjoy.

1080_fly01.jpg

1080challenge01.jpg

1080challenge02.jpg

1080lastfly01B_W.jpg

1080fly01B_W01.jpg

Paul.

Awesome shots Paul. Sadly I've not had the time to join in. Might try and get round to it some point soon. Phil nominated me also lol.

Awesome shots Paul. Sadly I've not had the time to join in. Might try and get round to it some point soon. Phil nominated me also lol.

I don't think there is any "need" but it got me thinking out of the box a bit Ian :)

Cheers m8.

Paul.

Back