I know! A few more of the Kingfisher.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A few more shots from yesterday.

No 1 was taken a fraction of a second after the shot I posted yesterday in which the bird had blinked, giving its eye a dull appearence. The other is just for luck.

5558775009_9d7203895f_b.jpg

5559353760_87c01c9dc2_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Marty

Gorgeous bird, and great photos. I like number 1 most. What I wouldn't give to have a photo like this of such a lovely bird!

These are stunning, no 1 for me lobe the lighting
Sure they are not stuffed and sitting in your studio ha ha only joking

spike

Two lovely detailed shots Martin (y)

Will never get bored with shots like these Martin. Great colours.

Regards: Gordon

Stunning images Martin. Would love to capture this images of a kingfisher let a lone that quality

stunning & lovely colour shots of a very shy little bird indeed! what set up did you use for these if you dont mind me asking?? very sharp too!
Thanks. I took these from a bag hide, laying on the floor. My camera was on my camera bag and I used a cable release.
These are stunning, no 1 for me lobe the lighting
Sure they are not stuffed and sitting in your studio ha ha only joking
spike
Oh no! my secret is out. Thanks

Nice shots Martyn, she's looking in good condition.
Thanks Lammie. The male is stuffing her full of fish at the mo so she has plenty of time to preen herself.

Thanks all for your comments.

Love the blue on the back in no1, my favorite pose, lovely pair of shots :clap:

Excellent shots, have just been out taking the dog for a walk by the Thames and saw a kingfisher , first one for a while. Damn thing was sitting about 10 feet away from me and was still for ages. Light was brilliant. Guess what I didn't have with me !!!!!!!

They are superb. I dread to think of what a self-portrait of you would look like in order for you to be that close!

Love the blue on the back in no1, my favorite pose, lovely pair of shots :clap:
Thanks Neil

Lovely image quality
Thanks Jon.

cracking shots...mark.
Thanks Mark

Excellent shots, have just been out taking the dog for a walk by the Thames and saw a kingfisher , first one for a while. Damn thing was sitting about 10 feet away from me and was still for ages. Light was brilliant. Guess what I didn't have with me !!!!!!!
Thanks. Sods law:crying:

They are superb. I dread to think of what a self-portrait of you would look like in order for you to be that close!
Thanks, but what do you mean about the self-portrait bit?:thinking:

As in how much your set-up made you look like a pile of leaves/muck/whatever effective enough to get great shots like that!

I never tire of seeing shots of kingfishers, especially of this quality, they are such stunning birds.
Jealous muchly!! :D

I am jealous.. I have never had the chance to shoot a kingfisher. Awesome bird. Great shots as well.

Cracking shots, Marty.

like No2 best as there's more detail in the throat patch.
No 1 is burnt out there.
It's so hard to get this AND the area around the eye but these are almost spot on.
keith (y)

As in how much your set-up made you look like a pile of leaves/muck/whatever effective enough to get great shots like that!
Nothing to elaborate just a bag hide.

I never tire of seeing shots of kingfishers, especially of this quality, they are such stunning birds.
Jealous muchly!! :D
Thanks

Thanks

I am jealous.. I have never had the chance to shoot a kingfisher. Awesome bird. Great shots as well.
Cheers Ben

lovely detail in these Martin
Thanks Kaz

A couple of cracking close-ups Martin!
Thanks Roy

Cracking shots, Marty.
Thank m8.
like No2 best as there's more detail in the throat patch.
No 1 is burnt out there.
It's so hard to get this AND the area around the eye but these are almost spot on.
keith (y)
Thanks Keith. This is always a problem with Kingies. I used -1EV on these shots and in bright sun its still hard to stop the blowout totally. Practice makes perfect.

These are brilliant Martin!

do you mind sharing where you took them please?

thanks
Hazel

do you need permit or permission to photo kingfishers ???

grahame

Back