I too went down to the woods today

R

RobC

And this was the view from the path leading from the carpark.

Honestly, does it work? Can it be improved? Thanks for looking.

4058968745_07e269ba47_o.jpg

I think I like it, but I'm unsure :shrug:

i like it , but i would say to improve it , you could have zoom out more or moved back to give a sense of space , just a suggestion.

Russ

We all seem to be going down to the woods - but different places. Maybe we should arrange a woodland meet somewhere :)

I think I might have been inclined to take a couple of shots of this and blended them so you can get more light and colour close to you - or go out early and get some longer exposures?

Even as it is the picture draws you in and I can imagine sitting on that tree trunk and just watching the water

The light is lovely and I like it very much just as is, Rob.
All that I can imagine that might improve it is a little red riding hood type figure sitting back to camera on that log. The suggestion is very much of the "if only I had" type!

Thought so - grew up locally, and going back home soon! :)

I like the photo, think it works fine, but is that someones green backpack on the left? could crop that out of so.

Thanks all, I've worked out what it is I like about it - the softness of the light (well I know what I mean)

Matthew rk - you sound please to be heading from Dorset to Slough - I'm worried :D
(it's not a bergen, its a tree)

Matthew rk - you sound please to be heading from Dorset to Slough - I'm worried :D

Denham, makes it a bit more bearable! lived in a lot of places but ultimately home is home..

And yes I think you've hit it on the head with the photo, its the light over the lake that makes it look nice and tranquil.

Last edited:
Denham, ah Denham, now I'm going to fondly remember many a drunken night in the Nightingale (or The Flying Bottle as we used to call it)

I like it, the way it leads through the picture to the water....but the dark area of trees in the right of the frame spoils it...maybe go down there again and shoot it without those in the shot. Any maybe by the time you get down there the colors will be more autumnal.

Back