Ice, though why I bother...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Being a macro photographer in the North West of England, like most bugs, I tend to go into a hibernacula like they do (the house!). I take fewer images as the weather gets colder, and the camera sometimes doesn't see they light of day for a fortnight or more.

The ice was on the moss this morning - but even with 4 images stacked for depth of field, it still didn't give me a good image, so I sometimes wonder why I bother. But I'm getting bored of waiting for macro time, so took it, and shared it here anyway!

URL]

Paul.

Welcome back.... this is a hard time of year for us bug hunters inaminate objects just don't have same appeal.

I'm really rusty with camera for macro and still not into it currently but it's nearly time again.

Poor you Paul, anyway its nice to see something from you no matter what it is.
Just to rub it in, maybe another 4 weeks or so and it will all start for me :p

Poor you Paul, anyway its nice to see something from you no matter what it is.
Just to rub it in, maybe another 4 weeks or so and it will all start for me :p

Thanks (I think, lol) for that Graham. :ROFLMAO:

I think that if Global Warming really happens, at least we will get bugs for longer, heheh...

Paul.

Thanks (I think, lol) for that Graham. :ROFLMAO:

I think that if Global Warming really happens, at least we will get bugs for longer, heheh...

Paul.
I agree, lowest temp ive had here at 7am is +3 which is better than 2 years ago when it was more like -8

I sometimes wonder why I bother.

Really Paul, and there's me thinking that you liked to get out there in all weathers.:)

Still it's much better to get something posted than nothing at all, and come on we've all seen a lot worse.(y)

George.

Really Paul, and there's me thinking that you liked to get out there in all weathers.:)

Still it's much better to get something posted than nothing at all, and come on we've all seen a lot worse.(y)

George.

Thanks George - I tend to be critical of my own more than others. :)

It makes a nice change from bugs :) I really want to do an icy shot but no ice here yet :(

Smashing shots on your website Paul.

Cheers Susie, and at least I don't have to chase the ice - mind you, I had to stand on the garden bench as this was on the roof of the outhouse!

Thanks for the website like - shame no bugger buys owt, lol... :)

Paul.

Nice one Paul and respect for getting out and photographing it :)

Like Paul, I tend to hibernate for a few months when everything else disappears. Looking forward to bugs appearing again. I've taken to photographing Long exposures from inside the car at night haha. Although I must add I'm not the one exposing lol.

Nice one Paul and respect for getting out and photographing it :)

Like Paul, I tend to hibernate for a few months when everything else disappears. Looking forward to bugs appearing again. I've taken to photographing Long exposures from inside the car at night haha. Although I must add I'm not the one exposing lol.

Cheers Ian - the wait will soon be over - but it's worse than giving up smoking! :)

Paul.

I like this, almost like a tropical island :)

Glad your camera is getting some use. I think they seize up if you don't use them at least once a month ;)

I like this, almost like a tropical island :)

Glad your camera is getting some use. I think they seize up if you don't use them at least once a month ;)

Cheers Timmy - maybe it has more going for it than I first thought... :)

Paul.

Hi Paul
I know exactly what you mean
I haven't shot any macro for ages I do other things in the winter, mostly zoo pics
is there a butterfly house near to where you live?
They can be really good with some stunning butterflies
last winter I went a few times to the one at Chester zoo but lately it hasn't been very good with very few butterflies

Back