Critique Ickle mate

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
I know:p but I adore these little guys,it's that combo of silly long tail and stupidly small beak,I just love them always have.like little faires flitting about. I love their families and also that amazing nest. I know not big or cool like a raptor but seriously up there as a fav bird for me. Stare into those eyes ,you just have to smile

i've got a good little family here,it tops at around ten, Gradually slowly but surely we are getting closer and closer and closer.They will fly and land within a couple of feet, of me at the moment,leastways some do,I haven't a clue who s who. :D I'd love to know where they roost I wonder!!!!!!!

Anyway taken today in this lovely white stuff spent a while with them on the feeders with good breaks for scared folks to also get a damn good feed I could have done with much more light ,but it's great playing with snow and wildlife:,it's my first real sustained chance. I. covered miles today found little bar a lot of woodcock and snipe poor sods they have it really hard now,I hope the weather breaks soon enough for them,but still a few wet places open here for them to feed which is something,the weather is brutal here for folks that eat worms.
1/640
f5.6
iso 6400
Canon 1Div 1.4 ext iii 40DO IS II full frame raw conversion DPP4 then pscc

_70F6555 small jpeg by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

ps fella is fine, has two feet it's just cold out there

take care

stu

Great photo, they are super little birds very amusing and endearing to watch, but as you probably know quite tricky to photograph 'cos the little buggers wont stay still, lol.

That's an absolute cracker of an image mate!

The staring at you really makes the shot (y)
wow thanks Wez actually I didn't expect that at all cheers bro,I was sat earlier today looking at Den's amazing stuff and said FFS when did I last post a bird so made it a mission to take and edit one today lol.
Great photo, they are super little birds very amusing and endearing to watch, but as you probably know quite tricky to photograph 'cos the little buggers wont stay still, lol.

Cheers Tony I do have a bit of an easier chance than most mate,it would be wrong not to state that , they are silly tame with me/us But yeah tricky:D blummin tail is always out of frame and they ARE all over the shop ,pluuuusssss those whites blow for a pastime in sunshine But honestly I can try for eons with these guys ha I lay in the snow for about an hour hoping for snowbathin' images,but they said sod it and went to bed early

To have a group like this and stand on ya front doorstep to make this image is pretty special,I'm seriously lucky

cheers both

stu

Great photo of a great little fluffball. :)

Brilliant capture - as for the light you discuss, this is a winter capture and shows perfectly. Does it for me!

Thanks guys, Carole,it's not so much how the image came out,that I was reffering to ,regarding the light. I just wanted more SS as they are so fast and flightly and ideally a bit more DOF,as fella is so close. For me i'm pretty much maxed at iso 6400 with my 1Div,,well that's the highest I feel comfy using with this camera. Providing I get my exp somewhere in the ballpark then the trade off with the higher iso and detail doesn't seem to bad to me,but more than this is where I seem to struggle. I tend to push the iso constantly with my wildlife images,i've basically been schooled to do this,by folks whose work I admire alot. Mind getting that exposure seems crucial I do ettr as best i can,which of course is a juggling act when the light is at a premium and one has fast flighty subjects on the go.

Thanks again

stu

David,Mick,Gary cheers lads. I love the irony of me trekking around all ways for hours and then getting home and taking this on me doorstep,it's sort of wonderful that., Great fun making images in falling snow ,I wish I'd have done this earlier in the day really,playing with the techs would have been a great learning experince

thanks guys

stu

Back