Icy Road Race

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Usually a good number of the UK's top athletes at this race and some fast times. Around 1200 runners so a bit of a swarm but I managed to get the main CAT winners. Lighting was harsh but quite pleasant, as was the snow on the ridge behind.

rv1-14.jpg

rv2-14.jpg

rv3-14.jpg

Good set of captures, with movement and a sense of how cold it was, especially with the snow on the hills in the background.

Think number 1 is my favourite of the 3 ...

Last edited:
Good set of captures, with movement and a sense of how cold it was, especially with the snow on the hills in the background.

Think number 1 is my favourite of the 3 ...

Cheers - Road Races are not the sexiest of sports to shoot but at least the backdrop was relatively pleasing. Just been looking at the results and noticed a mate of mine managed to record the 6th fastest 10K time in the country for his age CAT so he'll be happy. Overall times/quality of field not as strong as recent years with no times under 30 minutes whereas last year about 12 runners went under.

I cant see where you say what race this is? I htought RV 10K at first but that had 1500 runners.. I recognise some of these but the winners not in there.. which race ?

I cant see where you say what race this is? I htought RV 10K at first but that had 1500 runners.. I recognise some of these but the winners not in there.. which race ?
That's Pendle in the background, so Ribble Valley 10k?

(plus it sez that on the number vests) :D

haha you need good eyesight to see that :) maybe they display differnt on my screen mate but i cant read the writing.. so good guess in first place I was right... I did the start of the race as they came over edisford bridge and just the first few runners past the line.. just enough for the papers then left... Not before I had a luverly sausage butty though :)

PS whos are the 700 free pics plonked on facebook? thats why I only do enough for papers.. no point trying to make owt..

It is the RV10K (if you click the pic once it should go a bit bigger so you can read the number). They were actually just over 1100 runners (limit was 1500).

Not Pendle in the background, it is the Birdie Brow edge of Longridge Fell.

Facebook pics not mine, mine are on the SportSunday site........................

The chap in the red vest in 1st pic was 1st VET 50 and clocked the 2nd best time in the UK this year for his age group in the race.

I managed to sell 1 or 2 pics to Athletics weekly (they to confirm if using 1 or both of the leaders pics (not posted)). Think it's out on Friday.

Last edited:
Great set of images, don't they all look as if they are enjoying themselves,lol

Back