Identification of this North American bird

Name
Tristan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all
Am hoping for a little help identifying this little ball of feathers that I photographed while on a trip to the wintery world of Grand Teton's, Wyoming. This was photographed in February, and I 'believe' it to be a Sage Grouse, however knowing little about North American birds, I'm unable to confirm this with 100% certainty.
View attachment 18815

Reactions: mex
A late reply!! its a Sage grouse.

Thank you! It's what I had it provisionally tagged as but was never 100% sure. Really appreciate you getting back to me!

Thank you! It's what I had it provisionally tagged as but was never 100% sure. Really appreciate you getting back to me!

Googling Sage Grouse would have given you an answer a long time ago and saved the agony :D A nice shot and good control of the highlights,subject needs moving out of the center of the frame to finish it off.

Googling Sage Grouse would have given you an answer a long time ago and saved the agony :D A nice shot and good control of the highlights,subject needs moving out of the center of the frame to finish it off.

I did at the time, but I was still never 100% sure. Would rather put the question out there and have someone with more knowledge give me an answer. Also helps promote conversation and collaborative discussion :)

Back