Identification please

Looks like one to me.

I'm no entomologist so don't take my word for it David :) but it certainly looks like one.

Also, forgot to compliment you on the image. Striking colour & really good detail. :cool:

Last edited:
Thats a really nice shot David, really liking the colour and depth.
Whats your setup ?

I'm no entomologist so don't take my word for it David :) but it certainly looks like one.

Also, forgot to compliment you on the image. Striking colour & really good detail. :cool:
Thanks Carl, it is my first attempt at Fungi photography and I found it quite a challenge to get down low enough and at the same time secure the camera! I will certainly have another trip out soon.

Thats a really nice shot David, really liking the colour and depth.
Whats your setup ?
Thanks for the comment Graham, it is much appreciated
I used my 5D Mkiii with 100mm f2.8 Macro.. Manual focus and manual exposure - 1/50 sec at f7.1 I wish that I had shot it at f11 or 16 to get a bit more depth of field - a learning point for me. The camera was mounted on a Manfrotto tripod with legs fully splayed out meaning that I was laying flat on the floor to get focus etc
I will have another try soon
There are a few more on my Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/plumtreelad/ You are very welcome to have a look and would welcome feedback

tbh David, the DOF isn't too bad at all for F7.1 & probably helps with the BG :cool:
I guess `focus stacking` may be of benefit sometimes.

Some excellent images on your flickr & even more so on your own site.

tbh David, the DOF isn't too bad at all for F7.1 & probably helps with the BG :cool:
I guess `focus stacking` may be of benefit sometimes.

Some excellent images on your flickr & even more so on your own site.
Thanks for the advice Carl. Also appreciate the comments about other images. I have not been in photography for many years and therefore on a steep learning curve. All feedback is helpful!
I will now go and look at your images for some inspiration

Last edited:
Back