In 2 minds

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Im in two minds in to what to do a few years ago i bought the pentax k10 when it first came out the shop managed to talk me out of buying the canon eos 400 dont know weater that was a good thing or not being my first digital slr as always used 35mm film slr's. So now the more im getting in to photography to me im finding the quality of my pic's arnt what they should be and now dont know weather to spend more money on my pentax or upgrade to a canon like the 50d. The reason i say conon is because i used to use the canon eos 300 35mm slr and always had great resaults and i some times think i should have sayed with canon and not gone to pentax but hay cant change the past now. So basicaly im just after some advice.

Thanks Dan.

I chose my canon because it felt right in my hands, I would go and have a look at several, if starting again you need to feel you have got the right one, I have a 50d and a 40d to be honest I dont see that much of a difference in them.

cas

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on Pentax. Sad to say this, but they are not guaranteed to be around, and could go under. And apart from that, their cameras are good, but nothing special. Pentax used to be bigger than both Canon and Nikon once upon a time...

I would say Canon or Nikon, perhaps Sony or maybe Olympus if the 4/3rds format appeals. You can't really go wrong with them and you pretty much get what you pay for. So set a budget and go and play with a few. Get the one that feels/looks best to you, and has the features you need (as opposed to want ;) ). That is as good a way of choosing as any.

I've always been happy with Canon and never gave Nikon a thought
Recently, my mate has taken an interest in photography and has bought a D80, D300 and now a D3 - all since January this year!!. More money than sense as all he seems to do is sit in the house and take pictures of his telly and won't go out if its threatening to rain or if I go with him. A typical "all the gear and no idea" type of guy.
Sorry for rambling.
In a nutshell, what I mean is I am really happy with Canon but really like his D300.

I am selling my Canon 30D in the classifieds - any reasonable offer considered.

Well my advise Dan for what its worth is buy yourself a cheap memory card and take it in a shop and ask to try a few of the models that are out there. I say that simply because I purchased my first DSLR which was a Canon and was probably as dissapointed as you are with the Pentax. There are so many different little tips and tricks to get the best from any make of DSLR these days that it makes getting a great result straight out the box a bit harder. It will also depend on what your expectations are and what you consider to be a great result :shrug:
For the time being do you have any pictures you can post up taken with your Pentax? This way you will be able to get some advise from people and you might be surprised what can be achieved with a bit of tweaking and guidance in the editing department :)

Thanks for all the info its given me a lot to think about and when i get photobucket working again ill upload some pic's.

Thanks all Dan.

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on Pentax. Sad to say this, but they are not guaranteed to be around, and could go under. And apart from that, their cameras are good, but nothing special. Pentax used to be bigger than both Canon and Nikon once upon a time...
I would say Canon or Nikon, perhaps Sony or maybe Olympus if the 4/3rds format appeals. You can't really go wrong with them and you pretty much get what you pay for. So set a budget and go and play with a few. Get the one that feels/looks best to you, and has the features you need (as opposed to want ;) ). That is as good a way of choosing as any.

Unfortunately that is true and Pentax have openly admitted that unless they can amalgamate with a "big name" the future does not look good.

Well as said hear are a few pic's taken with the pentax none have been photoshoped just croped. Theses are just some i have on photobucket

Picture2053.jpg

IMGP5683.jpg

IMGP5344.jpg

IMGP5748.jpg

IMGP5280.jpg

Thanks Dan.

No reason you shouldn't get decent pics from a K10 especially paired with a nice Pentax lens

Don't see how moving to a Canon would help or any other brand for that matter, I have seen some great shots from the K10 and K20, both very nice cameras

Don't agree either about Pentax not carrying on, think their new entry level camera (K-x) will do very well and they seem to be getting along fine without Samsung

Back