In the woods

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Went for a wander in the woods around lac Montbel, Aude, S. France, was looking for fungi but due to a very long dry summer/Autum, not a lot about - however this little fella was - Fire Salamander, Salamandra salamandra. Not one to touch with bare skin as they have toxins that they secrete that can cause you problems !

salamander-sml.jpg

Just astoundingly gorgeous so so many subspecies of fire sal tis bewildering .thank you Mark looks in crackiing nick too. Personally i'd have had the camera lower but hey maybe mudscrubblin' is an English fing?
A joy mate thanks for this

stu

Just astoundingly gorgeous so so many subspecies of fire sal tis bewildering .thank you Mark looks in crackiing nick too. Personally i'd have had the camera lower but hey maybe mudscrubblin' is an English fing?
A joy mate thanks for this

stu
Cheers Stu, they are fab, it was on the side of a very mature beech tree that was mossed up about 2ft from the ground so was a bit left hand down where it was sitting, and i was across a ditch to it so a bit limited in location set up, I also wanted to capture the full body showing the 'pores' on the body so was happy with the angle - but yeah, in hindsite i should have worked it a bit harder with multiple angles :)

Back