Ingliston Premier (showjumping)

Edit My Images
No
These shots are from last week from Ingliston Premier on the Saturday.
I've got loads of images but these are just the ones uploaded on Flickr atm.

C&C welcome, also the 2 last images anyone fancy straighting. :)

3269537604_83d5850409.jpg

3269545032_7bdd5d28fa.jpg

3268755013_b7c6373cec.jpg

3269589306_24d3e268cd.jpg

I like them all, there seems to be a difficulty in seeing the rider's face in #1 and #4. I don't know if that is a problem with show jumping images. Colours are great.

I think you've done well!

These are good Frankee. I tend to prefer shots where the horse's back feet are just leaving the ground though. Also the riders' faces are obscured in #1 and #4 but I know how tricky that can be. If possible, it's best to shoot from more of an angle to the jump.

What was the light like? How how did you have to go with the ISO?

I think you've done well!

Thank you.

These are good Frankee. I tend to prefer shots where the horse's back feet are just leaving the ground though. Also the riders' faces are obscured in #1 and #4 but I know how tricky that can be. If possible, it's best to shoot from more of an angle to the jump.

What was the light like? How how did you have to go with the ISO?

Thanks Fabs.

Yeah i know, but i'm happy because Sharon( the bay horse ) well its her daughters pony, but she loved them etc :) :D

Yeah it was pretty hard from were i was standing fabs, because like if i was even standing in the right place where the pro tog is, i would of got the same (were you can't see laras face)

Good light shot 1600 1/320 1/250 In TV so pretty good, A tad noisy but theres nothing you can do about that, i was proud of how they turned out after lasts weeks performance :LOL:

I like them all, there seems to be a difficulty in seeing the rider's face in #1 and #4. I don't know if that is a problem with show jumping images. Colours are great.

It depends , Lara always hides her face in my Images i've took of her bless!!

Thanks Fabs.

Yeah i know, but i'm happy because Sharon( the bay horse ) well its her daughters pony, but she loved them etc :) :D

Yeah it was pretty hard from were i was standing fabs, because like if i was even standing in the right place where the pro tog is, i would of got the same (were you can't see laras face)

Good light shot 1600 1/320 1/250 In TV so pretty good, A tad noisy but theres nothing you can do about that, i was proud of how they turned out after lasts weeks performance :LOL:

As long as you're happy and your friend loved them, that all that matters. (y)

When you go to the show look carefully at the course.
When the next fence is straight ahead the rider could look either side of the neck (although technically they should be over the inside leg), but both the oxer and double you pictured have left turns on landing and you can clearly see from your pictures that the rider is looking for the turn, so if you want to get the face in the picture try to look at the course to see what line will be taken on landing so that you can position yourself where the rider will be looking (they should look for the turn) in mid air.

It does not work as well at unaff or lower levels, but as the riders get better you will find a higher percentage will do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you go to the show look carefully at the course.
When the next fence is straight ahead the rider could look either side of the neck (although technically they should be over the inside leg), but both the oxer and double you pictured have left turns on landing and you can clearly see from your pictures that the rider is looking for the turn, so if you want to get the face in the picture try to look at the course to see what line will be taken on landing so that you can position yourself where the rider will be looking (they should look for the turn) in mid air.

It does not work as well at unaff or lower levels, but as the riders get better you will find a higher percentage will do that.

Ok,

Back