Inside 'me-old-at'....B&W + Rant added.

Hi Dave,

Have you tried this in B&W with a bit of a contrast boost?
I like the textures and off-centre composition, but as is it seems to be lacking a bit of punch for me. I think it's got the makings of something really appealing with some more playing around though.

Hi Dave,

Have you tried this in B&W with a bit of a contrast boost?
I like the textures and off-centre composition, but as is it seems to be lacking a bit of punch for me. I think it's got the makings of something really appealing with some more playing around though.

Here it is Sarah, I must agree it does have a bit more punch.

BUT, and a big BUT for me is this is not what my photography is all about.

This is cerative Post Processing and not, IMVHO, ceative Photography

I 'try' to be creative in the camera.

IMVHO anyone can produce a creative photograph with PP, it's another thing entirely to do it OOC.

P6010282-1-RS by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

Looks really good in B&W (y)

It's an interesting perspective each of us has, part of the photograph for me is taking what I have and enhancing the basic image with processing to make it as good as it can be. Whether that's through LR, PS or other means (crop for example), the end product is what it's about.

I'm just great at end products :D

IMVHO anyone can produce a creative photograph with PP, it's another thing entirely to do it OOC.

Hmm - Photography has always been in two parts for me:
1/ Capturing the image (be it on film or on a sensor)
2/ Processing the image (film, PC or in camera settings)

The resultant image is always a combination of the two. It's not possible to do it entirely in one or the other in my view, but you have a choice over where you put the effort.

in terms of getting it right in camera , Imo it would have been better framed higher sop it had complete circles.

re the processing rant - does that mean you never shoot B&W eexcept with a film camera ?

(y) Thanks for the B&W Dave.

FWIW I far prefer that to the original.
But it's your hobby and you need to enjoy it in the way that you get the most pleasure out of it - and if that's without any significant PP then so be it. I'm just pleased that you made an exception for me, just this once :)

Here it is Sarah, I must agree it does have a bit more punch.

I used to think like this, then I wondered what the hell the people in snappy snaps were doing with my film negatives to make the resulting prints look a lot better than the guys at the supermarket.

PP is, and has always been, part of photography. But obviously, as a hobby, the physical taking of the photo, and the judging of the creative and technical factors of the shot prior to taking it, are the most rewarding parts of photography imo ;).

Back