Inverness

Its very well done - my softs are scratched to hell - that would flare like mad if I tried to shoot a scene like that.

Yeah, thats why i just use Cokin's. The quality is good enough and at £15 a pop, even if i get a few months out of one Im happy. Was fed up buying expensive ones that scratch up too easy.

That's a belting set Micheal, really nice work indeed.
Only comment I would make which is nit picking really is.... That little red flare to the left of the Brothy keeps pulling my eye.
How do you find the Cokin Grads?

That's a belting set Micheal, really nice work indeed.
Only comment I would make which is nit picking really is.... That little red flare to the left of the Brothy keeps pulling my eye.
How do you find the Cokin Grads?

Thanks - Ah yeah, that's a tele mast. I ordered a print of this last week and cloned it out of the original. The light on the cottage is provided by the moon btw.

The cokin grads are fine - I dont see much discernible difference with the one stop grads. The 2 stops do a have a very slight magenta cast but but the 1 stop is excellent and at £15 each Im not too fussed if I break one or it doesnt last too long. I had a full set of Lees and they are great but when shooting into the sun like this they really have to be spotless.

Thanks - Ah yeah, that's a tele mast. I ordered a print of this last week and cloned it out of the original. The light on the cottage is provided by the moon btw.

The cokin grads are fine - I dont see much discernible difference with the one stop grads. The 2 stops do a have a very slight magenta cast but but the 1 stop is excellent and at £15 each Im not too fussed if I break one or it doesnt last too long. I had a full set of Lees and they are great but when shooting into the sun like this they really have to be spotless.
I never presume to tell people how to process there shots and I'm sure you had noticed it Mike. Number of times I have posted shots and something stands out like a sore thumb to everyone else.:eek:
I like that foreground light, it does look natural..... Its a cracking shot, I have Aurora shots from Norway but it must be great for you to be able to get them locally.

I have a number of Lee's too but there pretty shot now, TBH I don't use them much only the 2 stop soft, but for £15 its definitely worth a punt, Cheers Mike(y)

Back