Is a Vet needed?

Edit My Images
Yes
btitlumpsidekr9.jpg

btitlumpcb4.jpg

Not clear pics but spotted this blue tit with a growth late yesterday.

Does anyone knows what it is? It does not seem to worry it but I will look out for it on the feeder over the next few days

no idea really but to me it almost looks like a ball bearing stuck to it's head.

looks like someone stuck a Malteser to his head!

Looks like a well fed tick, it'll drop off soon enough

Pics shoved thro noiseninja as very grainy - terrible light and I think asa 1600

as I said grab shots to try and record rather than photograph if you know what I mean.

I will look out for it and hope it is a tic - never seen this before.

Looks like a tick to me too. Fished a few off the dog so have seen a couple in my time!

My cat brought a great tit indoors this evening. Sorry to say it was dead...but when I took it from her to dispose of it.....it had a huge tick exactly like the one in your photo fangman. Must be quite common I guess. :shake:

Greatick.jpg

Looks like an armoured vehicle with a machine gun sticking out!!
Tick.jpg

Eww! that looks horrid!

I remember coming across an injured Hedgehog once that also had a similar thing, I remember pressing near it and a horrid beetle type creature scurried off, left a hole in the hedgehogs head where it had attached itself, yuk!

Did you try to pop the 'armoured vehicle' janice, to see what was inside?

BLOOD........ The Great Tit's blood..lots of it.
The tick will swell up huge when it gets engorged with its host's blood. If the host is alive it is best to burn the tick off with a cigarette, or nailpolish remover....then it dies and you can get it off. Otherwise if you just pull it, it will leave its mouthparts in the host! YUK and double YUK!!

Back