Is there no height restriction on policemen any more??

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought this guy had brought his son to work!! :D

Policemen.jpg

The one on the right was just a normal sized guy, Ian. The other one mustve been about 5' 0".

Ah that explains it!

Mind you....it looks like he's handcuffed his dad!!!

are these not 'specials' then, sometimes get shorter ones of those..

They may have been, Steve. It was at the Bootleg Beatles concert at Audley End (the English Heritage country house) I doubt they were expecting much trouble from the peasants!)

Is it me or does he look 10 years old? :cautious:

PRB
:LOL:

:LOL: @ peterroweblackman

I have a friend who was once a PC. I remember him and his buddy were out on the beat, bored stiff. His mate said, "Is it me or are members of the public getting older all the time?" ;)

I don't know about where they are but the specials here have POLICE and then community support officer underneath - only the proper police have just POLICE on the glow in the dark thingy.

Community support officers and specials are different things I think.

Yup, CSO's and Specials are different.

Not sure whether they are Specials or not. In some forces the Specials wear exactly the same uniform as a regular officer, some have only subtle differences (like 4 digit PC numbers instead of the 3 digits that the regulars have).
Other forces treat their specials completely different to the regulars, making them wear quite visible identifying uniform, like different badges, epaulettes, etc.

It's gotten alot better in recent years though, more and more forces are removing the disginguishing features from specials, as they can attract antagonism from the lower ends of the gene pool...."You can't arrest me, you're just a special, blah blah" (How little they know...lol)

As for the height restriction, that was removed a number of years ago now.

lol now is the guy on the right extremely tall ? or guy on the left extremely small ! ;) Seems odd, but i have been seeing shorter coppers lately too !

Great shot Janice :)

I think I remember discussing this on a Specials forum I was heavily involved in once, and I think the facts were it's actually the general populous is getting shorter, or something like that.

I'm not seeing the pic, but there's little doubt he'll be a regular. I saw a couple of 'em the other morning and I was looking around expecting to see Ken Dodd.:D

LOL. I see the pic now. That is just crazy. They better give him a Tazer gun real soon. :D

He would get on very well with DarkSabre... as they are both 12 ! ;)

Well they are definately not PCSO's (Don't get me started on that whole can of worms :razz:). They don't get issued the top hat or Pepper spray.

They could be specials as they are at, what looks like, a village fete. Which is what they do a lot of.

The english spelling is re - so you were correct in that respect :p in the context I'm using it in its er.

But you can call me Matt to save further confusion in future (apart from there already being 300 Matt's on TPF) :p

Do you know, i thought that at first, and looking closer it is a woman ! lol

Check the hair bunched up at the back of the helmet for starters ! unless the police allow men with long hair as well now ! ;)

That they do. In my old force (Kent) it was rumoured that a Probationer was threatening to take the firm to an industrial tribunal because he had been told to cut his hair. Where as female officers were not as long as it was tied up. The rules have now changed to, off the collar and must be smart. You are allowed tattoos below the shirt sleeve now. You can have a criminal record and you don't need a driving licence. And in one force (I wont name names but it rather big) they were running remedial reading and writing courses for new recruits, allegedly.

Check the hair bunched up at the back of the helmet for starters ! unless the police allow men with long hair as well now ! ;)

They have different head gear...flat sort of hat with a chequered rim...trust me here...

Andrew

Lovely picture! Even my children think policemen look youn now!

It was definitely a man. Behind his head is the guy rope from that tent, he was a normal looking guy.........just very tiny! Heightwise!

Ian you're getting me worried now mate! Switch that computer off and get down the town. There's loads of women about. You can't miss' em they've got long hair and funny lumps in their jumpers. :LOL:

Looks like PC and Mini-PC :eek:

;)

I must admit he does look tiny, perhaps they had a fancy dress parade at the village fete and he thought he would walk along with a proper policemen :LOL:

This is tantamount to a disaster!

Marianne has a foundness for the Norman Wisdom film "On the Beat". If this was case then Norman wouldn't have been too short for his Dad's uniform and he wouldn't have had us in stitches trying to attain the requisite height of 5' 8"....

This Grolsch is very good with typing and speeling ;)

Back