Is there nothing else to photograph this time of year.

Plenty of detail still there and what you mean to say you were shooting to the right ;)

Looks like that globby is a fan of winnie the pooh and going for the honey with those dew drops.

Well done T0p cat for getting plenty of detail back, unfortunately the shot in general just doesn't work for me, there's far too much distracting out of focus area in the foreground and to the right hand side. I feel the shot would have been improved considerably with quite a bit of cropping.

Only my opinion of coarse.

George.

I think it would work better if the face wan't so obscured. In this situation I would settle for a slightly higher angle or attempt to move the edge of the leaf down a bit. Often when working at such low angles, the surface of whatever the subject is one will creep up from the bottom of the frame. Sometimes it works but more often than not you get the bottom half all hazy and lacking contrast. Think I would compose so the subject is on the right third rather than central too.

I wouldn't worry too much if it was only half a stop over. You can usually retrieve more detail from the raw file and the results are much better than under exposing and having to lighten the shadows. In fact, if you aren't blowing any highlights, it's usually safer to overexpose slightly rather than risk underexposing; of course if you can get the exposure bang on then you are sorted!

Back