Is this overcooked

Name
Bruce
Edit My Images
Yes
This was shot with my new Tamron 28-75 from Puddleduck, Glad I have a sharp one. Looking for a bit of c+c on the processing is it overdone?

Mhar-2.jpg

Have you smoothed the skin? it looks pretty good but it might be over done slightly on the cheeks and more prominenetly on the nose. Otherwise, looks fine.

Thanks Tim, Yes I am using the new Imagenomic program seems to work really well with realistic results

Sure thing Luke....

Sent you a PM a while ago regarding processing check your inbox

Mharcopy.jpg

Actually I think I prefer the colour. I must have deleted the message, I get alot of PM's and a full inbox so sometimes I delete before I manage to reply, sorry mate.

No, I think it's fine - a good shot and the skin tones aren't overdone... quite easy to go mad when you start off with something like Imagenomic. Not so keen on the B&W - it loses what little separation you have between subject and background, but maybe that's the whole idea of it? I think the B&W needs more tone and sharpness in it....

n62wjs.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for all the feedback, I was glad it is not overdone and at least I am on the right track for processing images.

Big Thank You

I think the skin looks a bit unnatural to be honest because of the smoothing which is pretty easy to spot imo, other than that the colours are nice though

This was shot with my new Tamron 28-75 from Puddleduck, Glad I have a sharp one. Looking for a bit of c+c on the processing is it overdone?
IMO, yes it's overdone. The smoothing is too obvious. The poor girl has no pores! :puke:

If you still have the original then a good way to lower the intensity of the effect is to open the original image and then paste a copy of the edited version into a new layer and then lower the opacity of that layer until you get a good blend of the processed version with the original skin texture showing through. ;)

Back