Isle of Harris Bench

Colour. The colour shows the starkness of the stone as a contrast against the soft hues of the land. A wonderful contrast lost in the B&W

I'm not entirely sold on the processing, borders etc btw but compositionally this makes the most of dour conditions.

Thanks for looking Steve

"Dour conditions" is about right on that day although I think I have some others that should convert to more traditional black and white.

I think the first is 'box camera' and the second 'cross process' or something like that. The borders can be toggled on or off - (not on here though obviously)

Thanks Gramps

I've some similar shots which I think are better that will be getting less whacky PP but these were fun to mess about with.

Thanks for looking Steve

"Dour conditions" is about right on that day although I think I have some others that should convert to more traditional black and white.

I think the first is 'box camera' and the second 'cross process' or something like that. The borders can be toggled on or off - (not on here though obviously)

Aye. It looks like you've ran it through some very strong filter in a suite like colour fx. I like the suites but tend to use them for faux things like grads, sky light filters etc

B&W isn't a great medium to use in flat light as you'll end up with a lot of grey scale/midtone. No you need shadow and contrast to make it work

Aye. It looks like you've ran it through some very strong filter in a suite like colour fx. I like the suites but tend to use them for faux things like grads, sky light filters etc

B&W isn't a great medium to use in flat light as you'll end up with a lot of grey scale/midtone. No you need shadow and contrast to make it work

Corel Paintshop proX 7 but yes. (y)

The B&W could be done a number of ways. Like you say there's a lot of grey mid tone in this example though.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Craig

Back