Name
Lesley
Edit My Images
Yes
I was really disappointed with the others :shake:

leaf2.jpg

C&C please :D

:coat:

Yeah - what Sharkey said. These shots are far from easy. This one doesn't quite work though. It's quite noisy which isn't helping it, you really need low ISO and low noise to bring out the real beauty and detail of this kind of shot.

The light looks pretty drab too after the rain- a little better light or some sunshine would have really lifted the shot. Try it again with better light and try shooting into the light to really turn those rain drops into shimmery diamonds. :)

It's a great idea LB ... (y) ... and a fair good attempt too imgo ... :D

I think you need to try and isolate the single leaf a little more ... :thinking: ... and maybe try a more acute angle ... :shrug:

BTB ... I said acute ... not a cute ... :LOL:

:p

Tis a nice idea, but could probably do a bit of noise reduction. I can't see the iso in the exif for some reason :shrug:

I'm don't know if you handheld it or not, but 1/25th of a second is quite long to handhold, especially if you're that close, so it's not gonna help the sharpness.

HTH?

Just as an aside, you dont know what the shrub is called do you? We have one in our garden and none of our green fingered friends can put a name to it.

Just as an aside, you dont know what the shrub is called do you? We have one in our garden and none of our green fingered friends can put a name to it.

Looks like it could be Cotinus Coggygria, common name "smoke bush"

Looks like it could be Cotinus Coggygria, common name "smoke bush"

wow dod, not sure if the leaf is round enough for cotinus, but it looks more like a prunus nigra leaf to me from this angle, any chance of a better look at the shrub/tree.

Back