Its a poor shot but.....

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Its a poor shot but I did promise Inaglo that I would try to get her a pic of a Roe deer.
There are two in that shot. Taken this evening just before 8 in very poor light. Iso 1600 with 300mm + Dougs 1.4conv.
Lucky to get anything really I think. It was magic being out there though.:)
Roe_buck.jpg

aww, wow, great shot, and under the situations, you did really well!!!!
Bravo :)

:agree: The subject must be shy, great shot considering how far away it was!

:agree: The subject must be shy, great shot considering how far away it was!

I have been playing cat & mouse with that fella for a few weeks now. The wind dropped tonight & that was that.:shrug:

Missed that, but my old eyes are not what they use to be :help:

Thats no excuse! I am half blind too:LOL:
That one on the left was the one I spotted among the trees first. Then the buck just appeared. They are difficult to spot in woodland sometimes.

Taken this evening just before 8 in very poor light. Iso 1600 with 300mm + Dougs 1.4conv.
Lucky to get anything really I think.

Wow! I think you did very well too ... and thank-you!(y)

The 'fluffy' oof foreground and the way its peeping from between the trees in that way is quite captivating, and I agree with above that it actually adds to the shot.

It was magic being out there though.:)

I can imagine the atmosphere & Id love it!

I wonder, is it Charlie the Sawman ... or Charlie the 'Greenman'? ;)

I agree with all the above... that peeking through the trees is wonderful........just goes to show how shy these deer are and how difficult they are to capture.

I like this shot as it shows the deer in a typical pose - usually just before barking and running off. Know how hard it is to get a decent shot of these guys, I come accross three a couple of weeks ago and this is the best I could manage under similar conditions:(
roe-doe.jpg

I took my daughter to play on the local swings as an excuse to try out a Tamron lens I had borrowed; the swings back on to some rough ground.

Anyway, I was just focussing in on a distant magpie and noticed some movement in the foreground...which turned out to be 3 roe deer!!!

2098217234_cccb2183df.jpg

Last night I was working at the mill for a couple of hours & on the way home I saw the same buck again, this time about 30 yards away. We just stood looking at each other for ages. I had no camera & I think he was just taunting me.:bang::bang::shrug::LOL:

Back