It's good to be back (on the mountains). On the Glyderau

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Personal life, business life, whatever life.....:)

Kept an eye on the weather and had a glorious days walk starting on Tryfan (almost committed studentiside as he nearly fell off, I told him not to follow me) and finishing on Y Garn.
One from the day.

On the Glyderau by PCPhilpot, on Flickr
(edited again but this time using Sony RAW converter into a tiff then into photoshop)

Last edited:
There appears to be a strange colour cast to the image?

Great setting and I'm sure you had a great time !
Can't see the cast. After a number of times when things look different from one monitor to another, what do you see? And do others?

Back on a big screen, could have been a green'ish cast. Took the RAW and all I have done is poked with highlights, shadows and sharpness. I had a polariser on at the time.

Is this better. I am trying hard to resist splashing out on a Dell ultrasharp!

Cheers pal. It's good to be back myself. Had a roller coaster 6 months. Was pleased how fit I was. Did the whole round in 6 hours (allthough delayed reaction, legs nearly gave way on me coming down the stairs on Tuesday).

BTW, loving your recent pics. I see you have a D800. I went small (Sony A7r) to lower the weight in my rucksack.

Back on a big screen, could have been a green'ish cast. Took the RAW and all I have done is poked with highlights, shadows and sharpness. I had a polariser on at the time.

Is this better. I am trying hard to resist splashing out on a Dell ultrasharp!
You know resistance is futile, I lashed out some time ago well worth it mate...
Another climber? Sounds like you have been down for a while... So welcome back (assuming you have been away)
I'm probably the class clown that popped up in your absents so Hi! Any one that posts landscapes of the mountains can do no wrong by me especially around the Glyders ( I'm easily pleased).

Can't spot a cast maybe you have updated the image, but then not on my PC either. Great picture, lots of texture, and nice contrast. You managed to pick up some good weather to boot. Well done, can't wait to see more!

Back