Jaguar F-Type 3.0L Coupé

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Shame it was parked in a street, I got all excited at the first two images then got to the 4th and thought "damn", it was a bit of an anti-climax.

If you got to mess about with it for a couple of days, how come they're taken curb-side? I would have got it in the garage (petrol station), in its garage, somewhere remote if possible. Good shots (y), spoiled with a crappy location. :(

At least you cropped in as close as you could ! Might be worth making up a "flashframe" logo to go on the number plates, doesn't look good with the plate digits removed and just a blank space :)

Cheers for the positive replies, it is much appreciated :D
We had it for a couple of days however the main task was to film the F-type, I had a brief period of time to get some shots of it before I lost all the natural light (tried later with strobes and it just wasn't going to work). One of the agreements that I had to adhere to was to not show any registration marks so just blanked the plates, as mentioned I should have put the flashframe logo on the reg plate but I simply didn't have the extra time to mess about with making the lettering look like it was real and not just added in PS. I did ask for an extra day (I mean who wouldn't!, the noise this beast made was far too much fun!) but unfortunately they said no, otherwise I would have taken it to a vehicle studio without a doubt. The images that are most important in this set are #1-3 as these will most likely be published in the future, the other shots were more of a case of "had the extra time,light so carried on taking pictures". Im hoping to get ahold of the 5L R in red in mid December so will definitely be booking that into a studio if I do! Also I think next time I will have the car polished before hand, the one above was absolutely filthy :p
Cheers again for the feedback on the set.

James

Also I think next time I will have the car polished before hand, the one above was absolutely filthy :p

Polished?! You mean "detailed" surely! I'd spend more time looking and cleaning a car like that than actually driving it. Good thing I can't drive then ...

I like #1 - 3 the most. The last one would be my least favourite as I'm not sure about the effect and lens flare (?) down the middle. Such a good looking car though - would be hard to take a bad picture of it!

Being picky, the badge shots are both slightly squiffy - only a fraction but enough (IMO) to spoil the shot. There's also horrendous flare in both the head on and tail on shots.

One of the biggest PITAs of not being allowed to drive until March this year (medical reason, not for being a bad lad!) was that I couldn't attend the launch parties I was invited to for both the roadster and coupé F-Types. Might see if I can sweet talk the sales girl into letting me have a quick play when I take my car in for its service next week. (Would love to see the drawings of the original design for the F-Type with an oval grille rather than the modern Jag look.)

Well if the supplier are happy to pay for the detailing then by all means they can :p otherwise I'm only paying for a decent wash/polish.
Aye its definitely one hell of a car and will remain one of my favourites for some time, the noise this beast makes is just phenomenal!

With regards to the badge shots, in hindsight I should have taken out the red reflections by having a black curtain in front of the car when taking the shots but just didn't have the time, they are a tad skewiff too as the car was on a slant sideways and I couldn't quite judge what was dead level when editing. I think next time I do a vehicle shoot I will make sure that I try and eliminate any flare that rears its head. But with any luck next time it will be in a controlled lighting studio :)

Thinking about the F-Type with an oval grille reminds me of the Weissman GT from 2008 (http://s217.photobucket.com/user/stealthraven5/media/2008-Weissman-GT-to-Make-its-Deb-1.jpg.html) I know the lights are no where near the same, but thats the sorta look I envisage the F-Type would have looked like with an oval grille.

just looks like snapshots of a parked car no wow factor in the shots
just keep practicing look at the transport section there is some good examples of good composition there .
we all have to learn maybe go out with an experianced tog for some tips
same opinon as below

Shame it was parked in a street, I got all excited at the first two images then got to the 4th and thought "damn", it was a bit of an anti-climax.

If you got to mess about with it for a couple of days, how come they're taken curb-side? I would have got it in the garage (petrol station), in its garage, somewhere remote if possible. Good shots (y), spoiled with a crappy location. :(

At least you cropped in as close as you could ! Might be worth making up a "flashframe" logo to go on the number plates, doesn't look good with the plate digits removed and just a blank space :)

Back