January Leeds Meet.....

Edit My Images
Yes
Only 3 of us this month, me, Rich @Mardybum and Tim @randomwindows but a very enjoyable meet non the less :)

A last minute change of location saw us just outside Wakefield chasing a Starling Murmuration.

At first it didn't look too promising but we hung on and the spectacle was superb :clap: I've been lucky enough to witness murmurations before but never one so close, at one point they even flew through us :eek:

And apparently, according to both Rich and Tim, I was the unlucky one because I didn't get sh*t on! o_O .....I think not :p :LOL:

Then we went onto Sandal Castle for a couple of hours for some light painting fun :banana:

Here's a few of the murmuration

This is about the best I got towards the sunset

Sunset with murmuration
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Murmuration- The Longer Finger
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Starling Murmuration.........Ahhhh, How Romantic!
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

One for Tims Pink Floyd moment :D

Tims Pink Floyd Moment
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

And a couple from Sandal Castle

A ghost maybe!! :eek:.................or Rich just strolling through :p :D

The ghost of Sandal Castle........
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Fire at Sandal
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Fire on the Hill
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love the starling pic, makes me more determined to get down to the Somerset Levels and see then down there,

Geoff

Nice Photos phil, shame I was too unwell to make it, see you in feb

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

http://robertdickinsonphotodesign.co.uk/

Cheers Rob, you really missed a treat mate with the murmuration, not the biggest, but very impressive up close :clap:

There was talk of doing some light trails over Scammonden in between the next meet if ya fancy that (y)

Love the starling pic, makes me more determined to get down to the Somerset Levels and see then down there,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, have I mentioned how impressive it was :D it was a shame really, I got loads of good shapes but they were all against the plain dark sky

Back