Jazz Gig

Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
I went to a jazz gig on Saturday, It was the first time I had been at this place with my camera. The light was iso 1600 @ 1/100 or 1/125. I'm not really happy with these and I really shoulden't be showing them, but I'm putting them up too see what everyone thinks and how I can become better :) I don't like how they have a soft feel to them, they don't seem crisp and sharp. The noise is quite bad aswell.

C&C welcome
All the best,
Ally

Brain_1x.jpg

John_1x.jpg

John_2x.jpg

Fiona_John_x.jpg

I think that jazz should be dark, black and white, moody etc.. Try underexposing them a bit more next time First is decent though!

Agree with Nath, nothing wrong with the shots as such, its just they do not say jazz to me either. Looks like the lighting for the environment might have been quite strong compared to what you normally experience indoors.

:)

shotdeleteyf4.jpg

Feel free to tell me how crap it is! How come youre up so late anyway?

I love it a real jazz look to it, with the soft look, little light and B&W (y)

I'm having trouble sleeping at the moment, I've not got college until thursday so I'll hopefully be ready by then, I better be I'm printing 5x4 negs! :bang:

Ahh right, glad you liked it. I've got exams at the moment but a free day tomorrow, so thought I'd stay up late playing guitar and counter strike! :clap:

The noise is quite bad aswell.

For a free and quite good noise reduction programme have a look at this, real easy to use and it really works, best of all it's free

Check HERE you need the Community Edition.

See how you get on with it as it really helps.

Mike.

Back