Jessica Drossin

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
I came across a photo on a Flickr group I post to, from a Los Angeles photographer. I decided to look at more of her work. I'm not particularly into people and children portrait photography unless they're candid as I do mostly street photography. But my jaw touched the floor at this lady's work. Absolutely mind blowing. Not a single photo on her page that I don't think is amazing. I don't know how she does it. Her post processing is stunning.

What do you guys think?

I mean look at this one.

View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicafressica/51534810717/in/datetaken/

I came across a photo on a Flickr group I post to, from a Los Angeles photographer. I decided to look at more of her work. I'm not particularly into people and children portrait photography unless they're candid as I do mostly street photography. But my jaw touched the floor at this lady's work. Absolutely mind blowing. Not a single photo on her page that I don't think is amazing. I don't know how she does it. Her post processing is stunning.

What do you guys think?

I mean look at this one.

View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicafressica/51534810717/in/datetaken/
Pretty damn good!!
I like her style

Not so much Photography as Photoshop :)
Possibly, but she’s getting a lot from her subjects. Some of them, like the child with cows or child in puddle, come across as ‘family snapshots’ but taken to a higher level.

…. They are basically family snapshots, I just came across this caption on ”Little Face”

Little Face
The reason I bought a "real" camera was simply to get close ups of my kids in focus. I would try so hard with the little point and shoots and it would just be a mushy mess. Now, thousands of dollars later, I still manage to get them out of focus quite often, but when I can get the details - particularly of a girl who makes it her mission in life to never stay still -- it makes me happy. This is one of those photos I suspect isn't that good for any one else but me as her mom. I lose my objectivity, lol.

Possibly, but she’s getting a lot from her subjects. Some of them, like the child with cows or child in puddle, come across as ‘family snapshots’ but taken to a higher level.

…. They are basically family snapshots, I just came across this caption on ”Little Face”

Little Face
The reason I bought a "real" camera was simply to get close ups of my kids in focus. I would try so hard with the little point and shoots and it would just be a mushy mess. Now, thousands of dollars later, I still manage to get them out of focus quite often, but when I can get the details - particularly of a girl who makes it her mission in life to never stay still -- it makes me happy. This is one of those photos I suspect isn't that good for any one else but me as her mom. I lose my objectivity, lol.
I don't doubt her skill as a Photographer- sorry if it came across that way :( but smoking dogs playing pool/ cards is mostly PP in Photoshop, I have done a few like that for my daughters good fun too be it a little time consuming

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed her for years since before she became famous. She is a skilled photographer but it’s all about the texture layers and filters. You can buy her filter packs.

Back