Jessica

Edit My Images
No
Part of a shoot from last week, the wind was howling and she took it all in here stride. She's lovely to post process as her skin is great!
Gutted really as is it wasn't for the 40mph wind i would have had 50 decent shots, due to too many stray hairs my count is about 7! :crying:
Anyone else think she looks a little like Evangeline Lilly?
45397669.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys and gals, have another session planned with Jessica soon, hopefully with better weather.

Lovely, but in my opinion, the PP has ruined it. She does indeed look like Evangeline Lilly.

Gary.

For fear of sounding out of touch I have no idea who Evangeline Lilly is, she looks a really lovely model but agree with Gary there is some very odd effect on the skin.
Apart from that it's a very nice shot.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the skin effect you are talking about is, it seemed to become much more prominent in the BW conversion. She had been in howling seafront wind for 20 minutes and her face skin was starting to get blotchy as a result. I guess its where I used the patch tool

I'm not sure what the skin effect you are talking about is, it seemed to become much more prominent in the BW conversion. She had been in howling seafront wind for 20 minutes and her face skin was starting to get blotchy as a result. I guess its where I used the patch tool

TO me, its the hint at halos, and I suspect the "Clarity" tool in PS? Not sure. Also I feel there is a lot of grey, as opposed to Black or White.

Gary.

I'll try gary from memory.Opened in Raw +1 ev, run through noise ninja as it was at 400 iso, Covered up the blotches on her forehead and left cheek using good skin from the right cheek, random bits of cloning here and there, darkened down the background with the burn tool on a duplicate layer, deleted model from said layer using eraser and applied light gaussian blur to it.Unsharp mask on background layer, flattened more sharpening around the eyes. Coverted to black and white using convert to black and white pro. tweaked contrast and I think thats it.

I think it's a cracking portrait. I agree, it does look like some detail's been lost in her face but the flowing hair is great and she has fantastic eyes. I'm just a sucker for B&W portraits, so this definitely gets a thumbs-up from me.

(And yes, she does look like Evangeline Lilly :love:)

Lovely portrait and eye contact.... I did wonder about the skin though hmmm not sure.

Yep its knawing at me now, have tried to PP better but as soon as I convert it to BW it happens again.

Ok does this look better? I think it may have been noise ninja. Minimal PP on this one. Bit of motion blur, light was crap and wind was howling
jessica099.jpg

Last edited:
I do like the second one posted (y)

First one is great too but as said the skin on her left cheek looks weird.

Do you have the original of the first shot? The crop's better IMO, although the second one is nearly as good.

Back